Coolant pumps and recalls?

ThomasG

Hello all,

Nothing wrong - but I was just chatting to a friend in the local town, and he told me a story about his wife's AllRoad 2012 and the coolant pump.

Apparently (according to him) a coolant pump failure is a known problem. It caused her car to totally fail, and Audi to offer a 10k fix. All because the coolant pump failed and the coolant got into everything.

Have any of you heard of this fault?

If so, should I get the pump checked ?

Ta

T

Hi Thomas I had heard of this problem after I bought my A6 but I checked on the gov mot website and you get a link for outstanding recalls on your vehicle as per your registration, there were none plus the fact Audi have been contacting even third generation owners to let them know of this if their vehicle is affected.

Its to do with the electric auxiliary pump getting clogged with debris or leaks in to the electrics and the thing can self combust but I really would not be worrying as it will have done it by now or you would have had the letter, ask a few Octavia owners circa 2013 those used to do pumps on a regular basis, the debris excuse is code for we bought the pumps from a cheap supplier.

Steve