What clutch kit and dmf

den9112

Hi, i have a 2011 1.6tdi convertible and i am searching for the complete clutch kit with dmf the  problem is i found a few that match my engine code etc but state they are for cars without stop start ,mine as stop start but i disabled it via vcds ...realy strugling to find one ...Could anyone help were i might source one thanks ..

Hello Dennis, 

Which sites have you been searching? 

Genuine Audi clutches tend to be expensive, so I only use LUK clutches. If you are in trouble finding the correct one then it would be worth Googling ‘LUK clutches’ in an attempt to find a U.K. technical help line where you can ask for specific advice. Such manufacturers often have a look up part number reference, but you can’t beat a good telephone chat. 

Personally I would not consider any other aftermarket brands. 

If you want, or need to go Audi, you will find discounts at Audi Parts Direct (at Cardiff). They do mail order. 

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Hi, yes it's the LUK I have been looking at used before on a BMW ..(done the usual google search and eBay techniclutch come up a lot but reviews are awfull) ..I do normaly look for a part number and try and go down that route it was the stop start issue I was thinking off anyway I have made a couple of enquiries via message on a couple on eBay

Hello Dennis, 

Thanks for coming back, and it’s probably me, but I’ve lost the gist here.

Are you saying LUK have awful reviews? Or, are you referring to ‘techniclutch?’ in that respect? 

eBay and listed suitabilities!? Barn doors comes to mind. If you are deciding to actually go with LUK ( and I’m now unsure whether you want to or not) then you have to obtain answers from LUK Technical ( via. good old fashioned phone contact). The full answer re the correct part number for your car will rest there - not with some eBay seller. Yes, fine, buy off eBay once you are certain of what you actually need to buy. Sorry, but I doubt if the answer will be on here, but let’s hope that may prove to be a pessimistic view. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

LUK are parts I have used in the past and have been happy with them,Tecchniclutch  however advertise OEM parts but after reviews it appears not..So yes I am looking at either LUK or Sachs ...I will seek out the number for LUK technical in order to source a part number ..

As you probably know Dennis, OEM covers an absolute multitude of sins in the supply of aftermarket parts!

Just ignore the significant of any of it, and stick with the brand/s you have experience of. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks looks like there is two options for the car one with stop start and one without stop start with 7 teeth and non stop start with 6 ..I also found out that the OEM from factory is a Sachs and trade price from TPS Vag parts is a mind blowing £956 and that is sold as seperate parts not a kit version,DMF is £500 alone ..I think i will shopping around ..

• 1 year later...

Hello Ali,

Thanks for being in touch.

Are you searching eBay or ECP for your parts for ‘any make’ clutch kits? 
I would advise following earlier suggestions and talk with LUK Technical who should be able to point you to their correct part numbers. I would be armed with your VIN before phoning.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1