Receiving Text messages

MalcP

I have recently bought a 2014 RS4 and have connected my iPhone 8 to then MMI. Everything works apart from receiving text messages. The function is there but it is greyed out. I have seen several threads regarding this and suggestions have been to enable notifications in the iPhone Bluetooth settings but this facility is not there just sync contacts, phone favourites and recents. With my 2017 Skoda Octavia the enable notifications button is there in the phones Bluetooth settings menu. Is there a setting in the car that I haven’t found?

Irrespective of you having the same equipment as an independent Malcolm, isn’t it a possibility that they will have more experience than you, and talking with them nicely, they may just point you in the right direction? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

3 hours ago, MalpP said:

I did and they want £98 plus VAT just to investigate and further work will be extra. 

That's definitely steep for an investigation charge. I'd still consider this as your next option. 

Cheers

Steve

Gareth I do have a modicum of experience having served a 5 year apprenticeship at a VW/Audi main dealer having to pass 25 City and Guilds exams to qualify as a master technician before going onto to run my own VW/Audi garage for 20 years in the late 1980/90s, hence me making an assumption that there may be people upon this forum who may have the knowledge to point me in the right direction to resolve the matter myself.   

Well done Malcom, but with your qualifications, it would be reasonable to expect that you are now qualified beyond the bounds of the average member on here. 

Since despite your experience, this one has got you stumped, then it does seem that talking nicely to an independent who might be more experienced than yourself, may be your next most economic route. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.