Newbie question - 3.0TDI output

Maxxxer

First post, first silly question no doubt...

I'm looking into buying either a C6 or C7 3.0TDI (depending on how much £££ i have when i take the plunge, whats available etc...) and was wondering - are there different BHP specs for the UK models? Some sites seem to suggest its 225, some suggest 240, some say there's three different outputs....

What is the truth here? And does the C7 use the same version of the 3.0TDI (and thus the same output) or is that different again....?

Thanks in advance....!

For the C6, there are 3 power outputs.

225 is the pre facelift first engine

233 is the pre facelift second engine, avalible from 07 on model years I believe.

240 is the post facelift engine, 09 on cars.

The C7 uses different, but revised engines from the C6, and thus, different power outputs of 205, 245 and 313.

Hope this helps.

Brilliant, thanks for that! 

I suspect I would be better to gold out for a fully loaded late C6 (Le Mans?) rather than stump up for an early C7 with less power then. I'll keep an eye out and hopefully be back here with my new car...😁

My suggestion would be to drive both, and see what fits you best. The C6 may have more power, but the gearbox is an older tiptronic and a bit slow. You may find that the C7 is faster with less power because of this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent - thanks for that! I'm still saving the cash at the mo (seems a bit pointless chopping in my old DisAstra when its sat on the drive all day due to Working From Home) but will hopefully test drive a few next month or thereafter.

Another question (and this may already be in a highlighted thread/sticky elsewhere on this site) - is there a spec list for the various models; I was working on the idea that the Le Mans was the fully loaded one, but there seems to be a lot of high specced SE models too...?

And finally - did any of the C6 or C7 come with adaptive cruise control? Its not a deal breaker but if some did and some didn't have it, then it would be a 'nice to have'....

There is a sticky thread here for C6 pre facelift

If you search online for the brochures for each generation/facelift, so A6 C6 2009 brochure will get you the C6 facelift version. You can find the brochures with a spec for each trim. Same for the C7 (2011/2014 i think) depending on the generation/facelift you are looking at.

Le Mans is pretty well specced but there are still many options to be had, like electric folding mirrors! Le Mans is just S-Line with a few more options like interior lighting package ticked. You may find a well specced SE is better as it has a softer ride to.

Both C6 and C7 could be optioned with it. The C6 has a single sensor in the front grille below the plate, the C7 has what look like two turbines where the front fogs usually go.

• Like 1