HID/Xenon upgrade possible?

Rydugo

Hi guys, new to Audi ownership. When I buy a car the first thing I do is modify it to my liking. The car has come with halogen headlights so I’ve found a DRL/devil eye replacement headlight but in terms of bulbs I’d like to stick some HID’s in there for main beam. Any idea where it’s possible to get this done? I’ve been on FB looking for Audi mod/tuning groups but no luck whereas with my BMW F30 there’re a tonne of groups relating to modifications & tuning I can find with ease.

3 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Thanks Steve. I had a dig through that thread & found ‘HID’s 4 U’ & I’ve now ordered xenon bulbs w/ ballasts. Hopefully they work well without causing any issues.

Annoying that when I search in google I find nothing relating to this. I usually find things for the 8V!

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

I find the older an Audi model becomes the harder it is to source upgrades. 

It definitely seems that way! I thought being a 2011 it wouldn’t be too bad! I just bought it as a daily as my bmw will be off the road for a few months but I found myself spending over £1000 on mods already & haven’t even picked up the car yet lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 11:07 AM, Rydugo said:

It definitely seems that way! I thought being a 2011 it wouldn’t be too bad! I just bought it as a daily as my bmw will be off the road for a few months but I found myself spending over £1000 on mods already & haven’t even picked up the car yet lol

Wowsers. Save some money for repair bills lol ☺️ I've spent that same money on repairs last month! 

Wow. In my case it was routine Cambelt and water pump job which involves the front coming off. Then the lower pulley decided it had had enough afterwards so the front had to come off again! Oh and I then added isofix as subtle upgrade.