Oil pressure warning when starting car

Ollie795
聽Share

Hi everyone, first post on here.

Had the car a couple of weeks, It's a 2.0tdi PD 170bhp engine, BRD engine code.

My issue is sometimes....only twice so far, when starting the engine I get the low oil pressure warning and beep come up, I turn the engine off and restart it and it doesn't come back...

I am well aware of the oil pump drive issues on this car, It's done 122k and I have no evidence to say that the oil pump has been looked at.

Does this sound like the engine is warning me the oil pump drive is on its last legs? I have seen a few mentions of oil pressure sensor faults but not very common?

If I do need to replace the balance shaft is the KMB part the best one to get? and is it worth changing the oil pump at the same time? or does this rarely have issues? and finally does anyone know what I should expect to pay for a garage to change the balance shaft?

thanks in advance!

Ok so I feel like a muppet! I got the idea that the yellow circle symbol with 3 dots either side was to do with low oil pressure given that when you press the check button on the dash it shows this symbol at the top of the display and below it the low oil pressure alarm, turns out its actually just the front brake pad sensor alarm! panic over!聽馃槄

• Like 1