ABS Sensor and the lights

ThomasG

OK - I am not overly worried as ABS sensors are known to fail on the AllRoad. I am going to get one off eBay, as I did with the leveling sensor. It looks like an easy refit... But, I have also had advice that I should renew the whole bearing too.

Thoughts?

ps: All the lights on, as per my post from a few months back - abs/air suspension/ACC/start stop/ anti-skid...etc.

Hello Thomas,

Apologies, but I’ve lost the thread! - but seems you have a diagnosis of a faulty ABS sensor, or could it be a faulty signal to the ABS sensor. Not sure what you know that we don’t. 

Anyway, ABS sensors and eBay - yes of course if possibly you want to buy at the cheapest possible price for any old aftermarket one - if it works for any length of time. eBay is great too for say a quality Bosch one at a reasonable price. 

Re hub bearing renewal? Not sure on your model, but possibly applicable - the signal pulse to the sensor is via a built in magnet in the actual hub ( not the bearing as I understand it, so if you have a faulty signal from the hub, then you will need to replace the whole hub, not just the bearing. I’ve used Febi hubs to good effect.

If it were mine and I was going to that extent, then I would be renewing the probably-rusty back plate at the same time.

Kind regards,

Gareth.