66' s6 side skirt

ChrisS6

Good evening, I was just after some advice, I noticed the top of my side skirt near the rear passenger door isnt pulling in tight to the car, ive only had the car just over a week. I spoke with the dealership and he said it just needs reattaching but they are 200 miles away from me so wondering if its something I can do myself on my drive.

Thanks for any advice

Chris

20200904_150428.jpg

20200904_153129.jpg

Yeah i think that might be easiest option should only cost an hours labour. Just not sure how that top part pulls in tight unless something has broken on the tab or opening in the picture

I showed my friend who's a mechanic, he said it looks like the second picture has a strip on it like some 3m tape has got dirty and come apart so possible its had issue in the past. Unless the skirt has some sort of seal on it near the top

On 9/9/2020 at 5:52 PM, ChrisS6 said:

I showed my friend who's a mechanic, he said it looks like the second picture has a strip on it like some 3m tape has got dirty and come apart so possible its had issue in the past. Unless the skirt has some sort of seal on it near the top

That's interesting, have you informed the garage you bought it from of your findings? 

I checked it and it did have a tape on. I cleaned it off and reattached it with new tape. I'm going to let the dealership know but not worth the cost to drive back up to Midlands. Would rather put the £100 in fuel towards my resonator delete