Car Won't Start

Crosswire

Weird this.

2.0Auto, been fine until a couple of weeks back. Done a few multi drops at work, went to start and nothing. All electrics there, gave the impression it could have been the selector switch not aligning as there was no turn over .

Then out of the blue, it started and ran for a couple of weeks, then did it again.

So I went to the mechanic, plugged in the error code device, nothing, no errors, but he said it could be the battery as it had a slow crank. 

So £238 later, replaced battery, all has been fine for 2 week, then tonight, just popping to shops, dead.

All electrics are there, but no turnover, car won't start, zilch!

Help!

Hello John,

A stab at it might suggest the ‘Park’ isolator switch, which ensures the car will not start unless it is in Park. Is it possible to wiggle whatever it is that locates the selector in the Park position?

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Thanks John,

You haven’t told us whether wiggling the selector when in Park make any different. 

Getting at the isolator switch? Sorry, not sure what has to be removed on your particular model to be able to access the underside of the selector. 

Probably now well worth talking with another trusted local independent. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Wiggling anything had no effect.
I called the AA today as I have relay plus, so I thought if there were any codes I could see what the issue was.

Anyway, no codes. Ignition switch was functioning, however, the tech reckons its the starter motor, so its been relayed to the Audi independent.

Time will tell I suppose.

Thanks anyway!