A6 be issues

raw1980

2020 a6 black edition. 

Have issue with trim discolouration.  Any one else had this issue.

Rear camera cleaning.  Button press does nothing, have been told using wrong washer cleaner.  

20200810_123429.jpg

That discoloration is not good. Have you taken it to any hand car washes at all? I ask as some of them use products which aren't designed to be used for cleaning cars. If you've not then I'd be taking it to Audi for them to look at. 

Regarding the camera cleaning, have you topped up the tank for the nozzle. If so too much solution may have been used. I had a similar issue with my washer jets and I'd put in too much solution and not diluted it enough. 

Hello Richard,

I too wonder about Steve’s suggestion, since some of these solutions can be harsh when used in the wrong concentrations. 

What is your normal car cleaning regime Richard?

Kind regards

Gareth. 

Thank both.

Car never goes to hand car wash or any other car wash. All done at home. Never use harsh chemical all ph neutral. Auto finesse, three bucket method.  Minimal contact wash, never ever washed by audi.  I am very ocd about my cars.  

Re washer have removed all and filled with water and empty and filled water again.  Still not working.  Its going in to audi next week.

• Like 1

Just update for anyone with black edition a6 the trim starts to discolour under lacquer.  They are replacing panel and putting marker on file as i said what happens if other go.   

The panels are same silver just dipped black and then lacquered.  Thats what i was told.  Asked about if faulty batch, stated cannot answer that.

Just looked at my chassis number and said they would replace.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Raw1980, 

I have had the same develop on my A6 (just posted a new post today, see my pictures), could I please ask what dealership you contacted and who carried out the Warranty repair? My dealer is awaiting a response from Audi UK, but it'll be great to be able to reference your job card (date and dealership). Maybe you could PM your reg so I could use that too if you'd be so kind. 

Many thanks 

Wayne 

Many thanks Richard,

Your cleaning regime is text book how to do it, and a mile from the £5 jet wash with potentially harmful chemicals - which are the normal offenders. 

Warning to others - just don’t go there. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.