Dashboard dead, battery drain & parking light always on

Olly

Hey everyone!

I have an Audi A3 (8L I believe, from 2001) which has the symptoms mentioned in the topic title.
I believe all three started around the same time although I didn't notice the battery drain immediately.
Photo attached with the state of the instrument panel on starting the car.

Initially the instrument panel would start off like that but eventually come on again if the car was driven for long enough.
The time needed to make it come back on gradually increased until even a 150 mile drive wasn't sufficient.

Has anyone encountered this issue before or know what the solution might be?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks very much in advance.

Olly

dashboard.jpg

Hi Steve, thank you for your reply.

Yes I think they are actually, or at least they have been - there was even a plant growing there a few weeks ago!

What would that mean?

Well I'd check where the battery sits near the bulkhead. I suspect the drain holes in the battery tray have clogged at some point abd let water into the car. The water gets in.and affects the CCM module as it's attached to the bulkhead. I'd be checking this as my first port if call. Or water can get in via the pollen filter housing if that's cracked. Think youll need to get an auto electrician to take a look. Worse case scenario the ccm is fried.