2010 audi a3 tdi 170 clutch

Darylbob

Just bought this car yesterday from what seemed like a decent enough garage in Nottingham on the way home clutch started slipping tried to take it back the guys had disappeared an bumping my calls... does anybody know what I can expect cost wise for a clutch on one of these? Waiting on a quote later on this afternoon but just thought I could get a rough idea as I'm losing the plot here😳

Hello Daryl,

Of course Cliff is right - you must claim against the seller. If they don’t respond, say by the end of the week, then I’d be tempted to issue them with a Small Claims court claim. 

Clutches and costs? Main dealer clutch components are expensive/uneconomical, so resorting to an aftermarket one makes sense in this case. Personally, I would only go for a LUK make. You could then ask for a labour cost from a trusted local garage. 

‘Just switched from a Scooby’. Would you describe your driving style as being ‘enthusiastic’ by any chance? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Ah I misinterpreted what he meant, but yes absolutely, I'm already pursuing that Avenue right now, i have a solicitor working on it👍

Yes definatley not a fan of dealers parts nice to see theirs a good bit of choice in the aftermarket for german cars too, I've made some headroom today I've a freind that knows a few decent mechanics that know their way around vag stuff well, an will do it as a foreigner, so just waiting on parts prices, asked them to price either valeo or luk parts👌.

Haha fair comment, well I couldnt not expect that could i😂, I dont thrash my cars as I want them to last, spirited driving but nothing daft. One more thing I've noticed on the car... under acceleration the turbo seems quite noisy as in almost like a boost leak noise.. either that or the turbos about to ☠🤦‍♂️.