Audi a3 2007 fault

Jamieh

Good afternoon all,

i am after some advice my car has recently developed a fault where the power steering goes stiff and the lights dim this only happens for a few seconds each time but can happen quite afew times each trip in wondering has this problem happened to anyone els? 

any help would be appreciated:)

audi a3 1.9 special edition 2007

Hello Jamie,

As a matter of interest/possible connection - Do you know when the battery was last changed and what make it is? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

p.s. Take it your model has electric power steering? 

I have recently bought the car the guy said the battery has recently been changed its a name i have never heard of i will get back to you when im home on the make of it also that’s correct it’s electric power steering 

i did have battery issues before because its not secure correct but i have not sorted that out not sure if that’s related previously the car wouldn’t start without lifting the bonnet and rocking the battery 

Jamie.

A dodgy battery will cause all sorts of electrical problems even if the alternator is putting out a good charge. By the sound of it your vendor has put on the cheapest thing available, possibly even a secondhand battery. To not then secure the battery is compounding the problem because side loads during cornering are then taken on the cables. Batteries have securing straps for several very good reasons.

Hello Jamie,

Thanks for coming back. Well, it may be worth getting the battery efficiency checked. Halfords used to do it. Buying a Halfords battery?? 

I always buy quality batteries from Varta/Bosch - buying on line with free delivery from on line sellers such as Battery Megastore, Tanya etc. Personally I would go for the above , but ensure it’s their grade which has a minimum of 4 years warranty. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for your help i have gone to euro car parts for a battery i think it is sorted now from the little drive i went on there was no issues my battery have 3 years warranty

thank you so much for your help 

Oh Jamie! Another one stricken with the apparent benefits of the ECP ‘weekend discount codes’. 

3 year warranty batteries are about the base line for quality, so I avoid them and buy 4 or 5 year ones at competitive prices. What make did ECP sell you at their fantastic discount off so called retail price? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Good morning 

i have attached a photo of the battery i got from ecp lion 027 and i have also attached a photo of the old battery 

hopefully it may last a year or something till i get a new car this one is causing me all sorts of problems getting a new clutch in today and the turbo looked at

D2E866BF-B10C-4901-8677-2D0173F3D2AF.png

1CA13F9F-1B73-45E1-8623-AD279927A7BD.jpeg

Oh never😂 i just signed up for aa parts and labour last week got to wait till next week to use it i will put my old battery might go back in and they will replace it with a bosch one hopefully 

Hello Jamie,

Batteries covered by your guarantee?? In any case, the Numax one fitted is at the cheap end of the market, and if the guarantee does cover its replacement then it could well be on a like for like basis.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I believe so i spoke to an aa roadside technician he says they would replace the battery for a bosch one for a £35 exess I believe he said they only fit bosch batterys but I would need to wait another week before i can claim