Auto headlight switch

Tex

Hi,

I am new here so forgive me if i have any errors on my first Post.

Anyway, i have been using a Polo TSi for a while and have been on the UK forum and have done many coding and mods, i have now got a A3 8P7, one mod i did on the polo was get those Auto headlight switches that didnt require coding as it had a sensor already inside,

I want to know do the 8Ps have a similar option, or is the only route to retrofit the rain sensor module by the rear view mirror and code etc?

I have attached a image of the module i had in my polo, as you can see it has a sensor already.

Thanks

BODENLA-Auto-Light-Sensor-With-Headlight-Switch-Leaving-Home-Coming-Home-Function-For-VW-Polo-Golf.webp

Hi, I don't have a rain sensor, I wanted to see if there is a way to get the Auto headlights without fitting a rain sensor. Unless fitting one is easy?

2 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

To the best of my knowledge auto headlights turn on in the dark, not in the rain.

Hi,

I do understand that, but with the VW I had the sensor for the light was built into the rain sensor module, I assume it's the same with the Audi's.

So i found a solution, just to help other, i coded the main beams and fogs as DRL, so that the lights are always on buit when you switch the car off then the lights go off then when you open the door the coming home feature activates for the mainbeams.