Satnav updates

Clive56

I bought an RS3 new from our local dealer at the beginning of the year. I went to them and asked about updates to the Satnav, hoping that this would be free in the first year. I was told that it wasn’t free, £250 plus £50 labour. Is this true?

Hello Clive,

Thanks for being in touch. 

If I’m understanding it correctly, the car is 2020 registered, but probably (late?) 2019 manufactured. As such, the as-supplied Sat. Nav. information is unlikely to be much over 1 year old. 

It’s possibly me, but I would have thought that this was about as much up to date as would be reasonably expected, and probably not unexpected that should you want to bring it bang up to date (like as of today), then a charge would apply.

Logic points to asking - when you would want it updated again after that - every year? Of course, road systems do change slightly, but I would have thought even a 3 year old data system would be unlikely to lead you into too much difficulty. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.