too much talk

Ken Lettin

hi guys 

Any suggestions, after having my old 1990 coupe for 21 years i finally let it go.

i purchased a 64 plate s6 with 28000 on the clock.

to be honest finding  it a Little too quick,wondering whether its me being 56 or something else.

So i stuck on a rolling road  at my local tuning center,they informed me off a few unknown changes 520 bhp  and 710 torque !!

am struggling a little in dynamic,should i get put back to standard setting or get the tongue reduced to some thing more manageable,or give myself time to get used to it. 

This is possibly a first Ken!

Understandable? Yes in my book, but probably not in most others. 

Perhaps the answer might lie in the effect this tuning is going to have on the insurance premium. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Haha 1

With all the concerns about diesel emissions, Dieselgate and low emission zones in cities, I totally understand your desire to go for a petrol A6/S6. You have purchased an autobahn crusher for use on our speed-restricted island.

You should certainly tell your insurance company about the tune unless you have it returned to standard - when it will still be very rapid. Playing devil's advocate, unless your accident involves excessive speed, I doubt the insurance company would have cause to investigate.

If you are going to potter around, just leave the gearbox in drive rather then sport mode (comfort rather then dynamic). Dynamic mode is better used on smaller A roads and B roads when unnecessary upward changes are minimised.