Audi A3 Sportback skyroof

Paul Curtis

The problem of the sun shade on a  sky roof is not new, for me yes. Purchasing a A3 with sky roof has shown the clips to hold shut do not operate. To purchase two new ones  will not make economic sense to me. I have a copy of TB 60-07-06 on how to change the complete locking rail. It appears the small hook shape clips are broken, has anyone made or had made 3D printed parts of this item.

I have read that the sun blind is supplied to AUDI by Websato, can anyone confirm  this please

s-l1600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have a friend who has access to a 3D printer but would need a sample to draw one to obtain the details. At present my car is at a garage waiting for the timing belts to be changed. In my case not urgent as I have alternatives to use Two Audi TTs mk1`s a Mercedes and a BMW. I bought the A3 as my grandson has a new car seat too big for the TT.

Can you check how many of the clips you would require, 1 - 4, It may be worth having a quantity produced if this is a common problem.  I have various local companies who supply 3D printed items , also my son is into purchasing a 3D printer for him self I am told.

I have asked Websato to confirm this is a supplied part to the VAG group without a reply.

Also I see that it is possible to purchase handles to  fit the sun roof on a Q7.  The "bar" it screws to may be an alternative way to a more permanent solution. I have asked on the forum this question.

This is an ongoing problem and the cost of a new Audi replacement bar is stupid. 

Paul.

• 3 months later...

I’ve got the sky roof too and again my clips are broken, dad managed to find me some replacement plastic strips to go on the front of the blind but no idea how to fit them and feel they’ll only break soon after fitting - was thinking of modifying them and adding magnets instead? What do you think?