audi a1 tyres

peterjenks

hi everyone.i’ve had a different a1 for years...love em! i needed some new tyres so i thought to go for a wider tyre at the back for more of a sportier look..215/40/r17 to a 225. they fitted them and within an hour the management system (after i calibrated them in the settings) went into limp mode as it sensed a wider tyre at the back so had to buy another set of tyres at the original 215 size. do i need to change all 4 to the bigger size as the garage tried countless times to reset it but the management system wouldn’t have any of it!!

Hello Peter,

Thanks for being in touch. 

It seems you have got yourself into (potentially expensive) problems by wanting to fit tyres which are a meagre 10mm wider than the manufacturer’s specification. 

I would have thought that now attempting to fit these on the fronts is just compounding an already confused situation, and one you would not want to get involved with. 

In addition, I guess you would have already considered the possible affect on your insurance premium by fitting non standard tyres. 

Kind regards,

Gareth, 

• 3 weeks later...