Part number for coolant hose or name of hose

IHK 11

Hi ive got a 1990 Audi coupe 2.3e and i was just wondering if anybody knows the part number or the name of the coolant hose which goes from the back of the engine into the heater matrix at the bulkhead? Looking from the front of the car its the hose that goes into the right side of the bulkhead and not the bleeder hose. The hose had a leak which i repaired with self amalgamating tape but where the hose attaches to the engine the hose is quite worn so still leaking slightly and making the heater go cooler when your driving and the temperature gauge dropping. Ive looked on eBay but cant find one. Maybe if i know the right name or part number for the hose it might be easier to find. If anyone knows of anywhere i could buy this hose from it would be much appreciated. Any information would be helpful. Thanks Ian!

Hello Ian,

Although there had always been a vast aftermarket for hoses, resulting in them being in plentiful supply, I think that it was around the time your car was registered, that hoses generally became main dealer parts only. 

My first port of call would be to pay a visit to the Parts Dept. of your dealer - armed with a photo and VIN and Reg. no. ( if not able to take the car. They will be able to advise you whether this part is still available or not, and if it isn’t, should help you out with a part number. I would not attempt to do this over the phone or by text.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth Thats great Thanks. I have tried phoning the nearest dealer but they never seem to answer. Il try and go in there sometime with the information  youve just said. I did manage to get a brand new hose for my idle stabilizer valve from there which was of excellent quality for £24 which was actually cheaper than a not great used one i saw online for £30. Thanks Ian!