Electrical problem with new A3 Sportback 2020

westy678

i have had a tracker fitted to my new Audi A3 Sportback plus front & back UTR now i’ve got a massive problem my car battery is draining & they say it’s not my tracker but saying a wire is chaving somewhere to drain my battery & they’ve done electrical work with fitting my front & rear UTR cameras, i think they’ve caught a wire when fitting them but they refuse to listen, any suggestions? 

Hello Simon,

Many thanks for being in touch. 

When you say ‘they (who fitted to gadgets?) refuse to listen’ - who are ‘they’? Can we take it you have had this work carried out on your new car at the main dealer? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

the UTR cameras was fitted by the main dealer but someone has mentioned turning the Parking Mode off my cameras as i get a lot of traffic going past me front & rear at work plus my camera was fitted by the tracker company & the main dealer saying it’s not that 

Sorry Simon, but it’s getting very difficult to advise you where your redress is, since we don’t know whether the car was OK after the main dealer fitted the cameras, but has given problems only after the tracker was fitted. 

If that is the case then your main dealer will likely to be charging for any investigation and repair work, since the issue will not be their fault, but until you give us a clear order of who did what, when, and when the problem arose, then obviously everything is just assumption. 

Sorry, I don’t think I can advise you at this stage.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 3 months later...

Mine was in for 2 weeks (admittedly over Xmas) and the dealer had to liaise with Germany as the fault codes would not match up with what they had. Eventually sorted and have had it back a week or so. Today it displayed “electrical problem”  and to pull over safely followed by limiting the engine to 1400rpm (awkward when it’s an automatic).

There have been no modifications and was registered October 2020.

• 3 weeks later...