Windscreen Wiper Sizes

ekimj10

Probably sounds daft but came to order new wipers and saw all makes are 26" and 18" long. Just checked what is fitted and they are 24" and 18" long and work fine.

Anyone know why this might happen, do 26" long catch somewhere and the previous owner decided to reduce the length?

Hello Mike, 

I guess you are looking at aftermarket on line factors - nothing wrong with that, but sometimes these sites can be wrong. Having said that, the previous owner may have taken notice of another website and bought one which was shorter than should be! 

If the sites are recommending 26in rather than your current 24in, then you could try taping small 1 inch protruding pieces of cardboard to your existing wiper blades to test if they can be accommodated without issue. 

This can be considered a trial pending someone coming along on here to help you out with what theirs are. 

In terms of makes of replacement blades, if not using genuine VAG, then the only ones I would use would be Bosch Aerotwin. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth, the Bosch Aerotwin  along with Valeo were the ones that came as recommended, both saying 26" and 18".

I like the idea of extending the wipers to check and will have a go tomorrow. Regards Mike

• Like 1