New A7 Owner

MikeGee

Hi Everyone......I have just finalised a deal to buy a 2017 A7 Ultra SLine Executive, been a fan of the car for so long and am excited to be getting it.  Its from a main dealer and done under 30k, fsh etc etc....I just wanted to know from the horses mouth as it were if there is anything I should look out for and the kind of running costs you get from your A7's....any help/tips greatly appreciated!  Cheers

Hi, I also collected a 2017 ultra S line only a week ago. Was hunting for a while and eventually took the plunge. Mine also from a main dealer and got a 2 year Audi warranty, 2 year road side assistance, 2 year key cover and 2 year not cover. 2 new Pirelli P-zero and a tank off diesel.

I drove 300 mile home first day with it and averaged 52mpg and that was playing about going fast and slow etc. Just filled the tank from quarter full and I was €75. Car is brilliant and is a real head turner. 
good luck with it 👍

Thanks Deme, you got a good deal by the sound of it......especially the 2 year warranty, mine was jut the one! Interesting to hear your mpg as it was the reason I decided on the Ultra and not the quattro as need more from the tank really!  I'm looking forward to it alot, been in a discovery the last 3 years so going low down again is gonna be weird haha! 

Yeah it’s was a decent deal to be fair.

The warranty was a special they had running till the end of the month so got lucky.

the day to day running for me anyway seems to be between 38-44mpg but wouldn’t be on any motorways as it’s all country back rounds really to my work from home.

still isn’t to bad for a 3 ltr diesel.

That's reassuring to know as I wont be on motorways for travel except the occasional trip, like you I will be more around country roads and town, its great for such a large engine isnt it!  How have you found performance of the car, you tested its speed/0-60 yet?!

I haven’t really no as the roads are always blinds busy to do a standing still start but the acceleration is plenty for me. My wife drives a new 1.6 diesel Mondeo and I got her to drive it but she is a little intimidated by the power so said she doesn’t wanna drive it so that’s a bonus I guess haha