S3 8V Engine Failure... what next?

rebrabneb

Evening all, first post and it's a depressing one!

Last week my engine blew up... conrod through the block. Needs a new turbo and a new engine fitting. Been quoted extortionate prices from independents (£8/9k) which I just don't want to pay. There were no signs, no knocks, no noises... it just went under 5/6000 RPM acceleration. 

Car is a 66 plate, 45k miles, full Audi service history. Hire Purchase loan package, big deposit down. I've owned it since June 16th. 

I've gone to Audi, they are refusing to take any ownership as I bought it through an independent dealership (although always serviced at Audi garages).  The warranty is 3 years / 60000 miles, whatever comes first. Warranty ran out in January 2020 (before I bought the car). 

I've submitted my claim to the finance company and to the Warranty company attached to the loan which I've paid for. 

I want to know if I should be pushing more for Audi to take ownership or if I should call it a day with them? I'm at a real sticking point with it and I don't know where to go. Financially this won't be fun...

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

Ben

Audi should be offering some good will. An engine shouldnt go bang especially if it's got full Audi history. Im guessing you've gone to.yiur nearest dealer. My advice is to speak to Audi customer services. 

Think your alternative option is a second hand engine.