Audi RS4 Multiple Cylinder Misfire On 5 6 And 7

Aungkhin

Hello all would just like to say hello to you all as I am new to this forum, I have a 2013 audi rs4 which has a multiple cylinder misfires on cylinders 5 6 and 7 i was wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their rs4s and could shine some light on the common faults for these audis? Thanks in advance 

Hello Sonny,

Thanks for being in touch. 

Misfiring  cylinders usually result from problematic coil packs or associated wiring, and isolating the actual cause can sometimes be helped by swopping coil packs from the cylinders which are firing fine, and seeing if the problem gets sorted/ moved to another cylinder. 

Great, if you have the experience to do this, but if not, then you will obviously need to get a trusted local garage to check it out for you. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello Sonny,

Thanks for the additional information, which would have been good to have had within your first post. 

If the diagnosis is that the head gasket has failed due to the engine overheating - and it hasn’t and doesn’t overheat, then you have to seriously question the diagnosis. 

Can you tell us how long you have owned the car and what mileage it has covered before further advice is given.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi yes it is misfiring across them cylinders which I have been told it has a thermostat fault which has caused this to happen, but the car has never over heated on me or put a engine management light on which I find very strange as how are you supposed to know it has this Issue with no warnings? The car has covered 64,000 miles and I have owned it for about 2 months now but I purchased it from a private seller 

Hello Sonny,

Sorry, but the full information is coming through slowly. So you’ve owned it for 2 months, but was the car indicating any (in caps) misfiring issues when you bought it, or very shortly afterwards - how many miles have you covered in it? 

Depending on your answers, I would be finding yourself another trusted mechanic who will be able to provide you with test data which will confirm the car has HGF - if it in fact does. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 months later...