Ignorant Owner, me :)

frankc

Hi guys,

I have been looking for another car recently.  A more practical one with more seats etc.  Currently I have a very nice Jaguar XKR, yes I will wash my mouth out with soap and water later.

So far I have decided I like the Audi A5 convertible.  Will buy the 2020 version but wait till next year.  Being a tight so and so I will no doubt get it cheaper by then.

My problem is this.  There are so many variables it's 'doin my ed in' so to speak.

Perhaps you can help me out by answering a few questions.

1.  I have been told the Diesel is more reliable than the petrol version.  True? If diesel is better is there a good version of the diesel model?

2. Which versions of the A5 come with parking assist, where car takes itself into/out of a parking space. (I like my toys)

3.  Do all the new, 2020, versions come with the virtual cockpit?

4.  As I said I do like my 'toys' so is there a version, model that comes with all of them?

5. Is there anyone local to me, Malvern Worcestershire, with the A5 newer model that can show me what to look out for etc.   No doubt I will go for one with what I call 'I want one eyes' rather than practical or subjective eyes.

I look forward to hearing from you.   Hope this is the start of one of many posts.

Thanks!

Hello Frank, 

Fancy deserting the Jaguar brand! But there you are, all nice things come to an end. 

Perhaps I should apologise for the lack of response, but rest assured, that a 15 hour lapse in a lack of response over the weekend is nothing alarming. 

Unlike the Jaguar brand which I think is supported by a higher than average retired ownership, Audi’s tend (in comparison) to be owned by ‘busy folks’ in employment, so perhaps just hang on a bit longer. 

If I were in your position, I would be bothering as many Audi dealers who are open for business in these Covid times, since many of your questions will be answered there. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth.   Just curious did you choose the name Magnet to make you more attractive?  😁

I am not deserting the Jaguar Brand.   Keeping my loverly XKR as my weekend fun car.

The Audi will be my more practical car.  Being able to take more passengers and long trips etc.   Will not bore you with the details but at the moment the 'practical car' is basically a van. 🙄  So I shall sell that and get a nice Audi. 

Your right about dealerships.  I passed one yesterday. Went to look around and I heard a tap on a window as I browsed outside.  "Had I booked an appointment to look?"   No.  Then I am sorry you will have to book an appointment and come back later.  Yea right.  

Thanks for taking the time to reply Gareth.  

Thanks Frank,

Looks great. 

Glad your are keeping the Jaguar, and likely to be joining the Jaguar/Audi owners club!

Mine’s an X350 - best Jaguar saloon I’ve owned. 

Magnet? Something to do with a one- off 1930 special bodied Austin I renovated!  Perhaps worth boring yourself for 5 minutes with Googling ‘Winterbourne’s Austin 16/6’. 

Take care,

Kind regards,

Gareth.