My Q3

Alan WJ

Hi, I bought a new Q3 in September this year from Audi in Harrogate, It had done a 1,000 mile when I bought it, It was  used by the sales Manager. Last Month we noticed water coming around the interior lights, I thought I had not shut the sun roof properly. Then a few days later we noticed a lot of water coming in around the footwell on both sides, apparently  there is a fault with the drainage in the panoramic sun roof ? And we have found out that Audi and Volkswagen have known about this problem since 2016, we have found emails informing dealers about the problems. The carpets are soaking, there is water in the roof linings, down the posts. Why have they not been sorted this problem out ?. In my opinion they are like betting firms, using the odds to only sort things out when they get a complaint / and when the warranty runs out, if you get a problem you have to pay to get it sorted. I am not happy about the situation, and I am going to take legal action against Audi.

Regards Alan

• 1 month later...

you are still inside the 6 months under the 2015 consumer Act, they get 1 chance to fix or replace the car, its the law. My sunroof leaked after 6 months and I did a deal and got a new Q3 in Sept 20. They do have a fix for it now but maybe its something else on yours

Thanks Phil,

I just wonder whether Alan, the OP did resolve this issue and perhaps rejected the car as you suggest. 

Perhaps he could let us know.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

I did get the Q3 resolved in a sort of way, the car was in the Audi garage over Christmas drying out, the flooring was soaked, and also water coming in through the interior lights.  I had a difficult time with Audi Uk to except the problem, I have found that its a massive problem within the VW group with the water ingress on cars all models with the glass roof. They told me I wasn’t a large problem with there cars, and it was a rare thing that happens, but when I took the car in, I asked the service manager if they had  anymore in with the same problem, he said not really only about six, so multiple that through the whole VW group world wide, Its a big problem ??. They told me they would change the carpets and the underlay, but when I picked it up they only change the underlay. Its been a harrowing experience dealing with VW and I wont be buying anymore cars from them. They lent me a Q7 all Electric car while my car was in, and was not impressed with the charging using just the thee pin plug.

Regards. Alan