Allroad buying advice

Jessdale

Hi. I currently drive a LR Discovery sport that is on lease through the company I work for. The lease ends in June and I will then be looking to purchase a used A6 Allroad. The car will be used every day and for towing the caravan and days out with the dogs/shooting gear.I will look to spend around £20k. Have you guys got any advice? Thanks 

• 2 months later...

Have towed caravans throughout Europe with my C5 and C6 allroads, they are excellent towcars. Recommend pumping tyres up to higher loading pressure.

Also, recommend making sure that you have steering wheel paddles, as I sometime use them approaching roundabouts to drop down a gear or two to use engine breaking when towing.

Now have a C7, but have not yet been able to try it out towing, due to lockdown, but I am confident that it will be equally as good, if not better!

• 1 month later...

Just how reliable is the AllRoad's air suspension ?   I like the function of it but reliability is a concern - and the cost ! Otherwise a normally sprung Avant would suffice.

Another thing, I vaguely recall reading somewhere about it "hissing", or is that just something that can happen IF it goes wrong ?

I want the quietest car possible and I wouldn't want to hear a hiss, like a snake. This could be complete rubbish by the way and if it is please tell me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now had three allroads, none have had air suspension problems, nor any hissing sounds. Overall, they have been very reliable cars. However  reading comments on this forum, perhaps I have just been lucky.