Rear window wash

Pepper

Hi. 

Can anyone advise please if the Avant rear wash is fed from tank at front, or does it have it's own tank somewhere in rear?

I've searched in back, behind panels and can't see anything, and checked handbook but can't find any reference to rear?

Front works fine, when select rear wash, can hear pump, but no water on rear screen.

Thanks.

Hello David,

I believe, but not certain, that the rear is fed from the common reservoir. 

I notice your car is relatively new, but might still be suffering from a breakage on the feed tube, associated with where it passes into the tailgate - a favourite place for it break, particularly in cold weather. 

Worth checking since you could be depositing fluid into the tailgate, and doing nasty things to wiper motor etc. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth, that's really useful.

I've had a look but can't see the tube...is it strapped to one of the two hinges, which have plastic covers on, do you know.

Regards, David

• Like 1

Hello David,

Thanks for coming back, and sorry I cannot really say where it exits the body, and enters the tailgate. 

Just a thought:- remove the trim from the inside of the tailgate, and trace it back from there. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Edited by Magnet

If it's any help I had this same problem at the weekend. I took the cover off, and pulled the jets off. Activating washer blew a 6ft high arc, so plenty of pressure. I ended up using compressed air to blow dirt and grime from the jets, before refitting. Worked perfectly