WANTED AUDI COUPE 2.2 GT 1981-1984

Les Ayr

I used to have an Audi Coupe 2.2 GT but sold it 22 years ago.  I'm looking for another one, same vintage, to work on in retirement.  I'm scanning the usual places regularly, but just on the off-chance . . . . . . . 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Les

Me too! When searching on Google I have found sites that have adverts from seemingly all of Europe so I can't do much more than window shop at the moment. There have been a few though but the prices seem to be £5000+ and not always based on condition. Where have you looked? I'm hoping to find something close to what I had back in the early 90's, a 1983 Coupe GT5E 2.1fi. Of course I regret selling it now but that was 25 years ago. Where have you looked?

Adrian

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Julian, thanks for the info, but it's the older body style with a 5 cylinder 2.2 litre engine that I'm after.  I had a 1993 2.3 after the 2.2 and it was more refined inside but didn't have the ooomph or engine noise of the 2.2, I guess your 2.6 would more than make up for it though.  Good luck with the sale, I'm sure it will go quickly.

• 1 year later...

Got a tidy 1983 GT5 FI I am just away to MOT after recommisioning it. Will run it over summer and sell it after that. Has been laid up 17 years but running well now after spending a ball of cash and a lot of time on her