Replacement Engine

livingdeadgirl

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place or there is already one on here .... not had time to scroll through everything - looking for any reliable suppliers of replacement engines for  a Q7 - 3LTR - Engine Code CRCA .... 

Thank you

Hello Jo,

Many thanks for being in touch with the forum. 

Unfortunately, the era of engine reconditioning on any large scale is a thing of the past, as engines tend to last much longer - except in terms of catastrophic failure. So, I guess looking for a reliable supplier may have to be restricted further to ‘...a supplier’. 

Depending on the reason for having to replace your engine, you could find you might have to resort to a secondhand engine via.a car breaker.

Try registering your want with on line car breaker link sites such as Partsfinder - there are others. 

If your engine is relatively underaged, but worn in some respect, it may be possible to rebuild it with replacement components, if (in caps) you can find someone to do this reconditioning work. Your best bet of linking into anyone doing engine reconditioning would be via. this facility for classic cars, so it might be worth looking up a regional classic car club, and making some enquiries there.

Hope some of this helps.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

23 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Jo,

Many thanks for being in touch with the forum. 

Unfortunately, the era of engine reconditioning on any large scale is a thing of the past, as engines tend to last much longer - except in terms of catastrophic failure. So, I guess looking for a reliable supplier may have to be restricted further to ‘...a supplier’. 

Depending on the reason for having to replace your engine, you could find you might have to resort to a secondhand engine via.a car breaker.

Try registering your want with on line car breaker link sites such as Partsfinder - there are others. 

If your engine is relatively underaged, but worn in some respect, it may be possible to rebuild it with replacement components, if (in caps) you can find someone to do this reconditioning work. Your best bet of linking into anyone doing engine reconditioning would be via. this facility for classic cars, so it might be worth looking up a regional classic car club, and making some enquiries there.

Hope some of this helps.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth - managed to find  one just after posting this so will delete it when I get home Cheers 👍

Eurocarparts actually sell replacement bare engines (no alternator, turbo etc) but you have to ask them as they don’t list them on their website. But the main problem is finding somewhere willing to take it out as it’s a massive job! The only one I’ve ever seen taken out was by Audi who have a special table that locates into holes in the subframe and enables the whole drivetrain to come out as one unit ( engine, gearbox and subframe still attached) which lowers out from underneath.

23 minutes ago, Bigdave1230 said:

Eurocarparts actually sell replacement bare engines (no alternator, turbo etc) but you have to ask them as they don’t list them on their website. But the main problem is finding somewhere willing to take it out as it’s a massive job! The only one I’ve ever seen taken out was by Audi who have a special table that locates into holes in the subframe and enables the whole drivetrain to come out as one unit ( engine, gearbox and subframe still attached) which lowers out from underneath.

Thank you Dave,, the engine is already out of the one I am asking for..its toast lol ...he has sourced a replacement one now & not sure how to delete my original post  😄