B9 A4 Avant powered luggage cover problem

Fridgeguy

Hi Guys

I would like to pick your brains if you don`t mind, I am having a problem with the powered luggage cover mechanism, when the power tailgate shuts the cover does not always come down and am concerned that the mechanism has been damaged as on a few occasions it has been fouled when closing by objects in the luggage area, the rail sliders on both sides move when the tailgate closes (without the cover in place) therefor the motor still operates but seem to stick when the cover is inserted in the grooves and wonder if there is a friction clutch on the motor that is now slipping.

I have carried out various searches on the internet but cannot seem to find any information on the problem or indeed the motor removal/repair etc and wondered if anybody had experienced similar problems or can at least point me in right direction, I would of course be very grateful for any advice you could provide.

Sincere kind regards

Mike

Hi again

I don’t know if this is the correct way to add to my previous post so if not I apologise in advance, I am trying to get to access/remove the electric luggage cover motor assembly but cannot see how to remove the plastic side trims (covering the slide rails) and the top cover over the motor assembly but cannot figure out how to do it and am concerned that I may damage them in the process, I have been trying to obtain a workshop manual for my specific model (2016 b9 A4 Avant Sline) without success, I have asked Audi but they only have them for internal use.

any advise would be most appreciated 

kind regards

Mike

F4338567-BFA3-4DDA-91AB-94C93A35B18C.jpeg

C433B296-C4F5-40B3-86D2-FD21A0EA8C3B.jpeg

Hi....I have exact same problem.

Mine was working until I removed from car, to put seats down and carry a load.

When registered, and inserted into channels...it no longer powers up/down.

Regards

David

Hi

i never had that problem and must have removed and replaced mine 20 or 30 times without issue, I assume you have inserted the lugs correctly into the channels ?, if you look into the channels you will see a U shaped runner without the cover located do they move up or down with the operation of the tailgate if not check the fuse, I can’t understand why it would just stop working on removal and replacement of the cover and feel it must be something simple.

not to be a prophet of doom you had better hope you don’t need a new motor assembly !, Audi want around £570 for a new one (not fitted !) robbing !Removed!, A4 b9 part number 8W9863560, but all is not lost and they are available used on eBay,I managed to get one for £37 but haven’t received or fitted it yet.

Good luck

regards

Mike

• 4 months later...

Haha....I don't know, the dealer fixed it when it was in for service.

They said it was fitted incorrectly.

I took it out again recently to transport a mower, and put it back in and works fine.

Maybe just try removing it and putting back ?

Regards

David