Dead dash

Chris Hayne

Hi,

wounder if anyone can help I drove my audi a3 sport back 2011 on Saturday no issues at all, then get in it on Sunday morning to find a dead dashboard with all other electric's working ( radio,wipers,lights etc etc ) car at first would not turn over. Me and my neighbour tried to jump it to which it started for 2 seconds and then died again bare in mind the dash is still dead at this point. Now come this evening I've jumped back in it dash board is working but I've had a ESP fault on the screen with a little yellow steering wheel with NO exclamation mark next to it, an engine management light and traction light on? Can anyone help me? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris..

This happened to my Mrs Car few weeks back, Its a known issue and eventually the cluster will need replacing, The bad bit is the Cluster will need replacing by Audi as it needs to be matched to the ECU and all the independent Audi garages cant do it and the cost is around £1500 !!

I Have seen a company advertising repair the existing unit for around £300 and this would mean wont need to be matched as already is

2 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

There are several companies advertising cluster repair, and I am sure the cost was well below £300.

I did say around...I’d only seen that one. Ours started working but it will need repair and £1500 isn’t an economical repair for a 10 year old car.Can you post some links ?