Audi A4 Avant 2009 - passenger door not opening

Matthew2605

Hello All,

I have just purchased an A4 Avant B8 2009, the front passengers door doesn't open from the outside. 

I have clicked the open button once, and then again just in case, but the passenger door doesn't open. If i open it from the inside, it opens fine an then will continue to be able to be opened from the outside until its looked again.

Does any one have any idea why this is happening, any advice would be massively appreciated.

Thank you,

Matthew

Hello Mathew,

Thanks for being in touch with the forum.

This could be a door latch issue, or (but not the exactly sure with yours) all doors can be controlled by a module in the driver’s door. I would feel this is a job which it would be worth referring to a trusted local independent, who has probably come across this before. 

As a matter of interest, do the rear doors open as they should be double clicking the remote? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Having read your post again it’s worth checking you are doing this as you should:- pressing the unlock button on the remote once, should just unlock the driver’s door. Pressing it twice in quick succession should unlock all doors. 

Perhaps you could come back to us to clarify what you are actually doing. 

Following, 

I have the exact same problem with mine, except now it’s all the doors started out with one door now it’s all of them. 

let me know what you find out? 

Hi Gareth, 

Thanks for your reply. 

The double click setting is turned off on the settings. 

If I click the unlock button on the fob once it opens the drivers, two rear doors and the boot. But not the front passanger. 

I can open the front from the inside and it is then possible to open it from the outside after that until you lock the car again, or the auto lock sets in when driving away. 

It's Mot I due in a month, so I will need to get it fixed and I can't imagine it will pass. 

Apart from this problem though, it's a great car and I'm really enjoying my first Audi!

Matthew.

Thanks Mathew, 

For what it might do, have you tried switching the double click from off to on? Unlikely to make any difference, but worth a try. 

If that doesn’t work, then I can only come back to my earlier points.

MOT? Understand your concern, but ‘technically’ if you unlock the passenger door from inside when you present it for testing, then it can be opened from outside - so shouldn’t be a fail - until you drive off - which won’t be part of the MOT procedure. 

On a best-safety approach, it should be seen to, and I would suggest going along to an independent and talking it through with them. 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Mine has the same problems and is also due MOT next month, I’ve been advised by my mechanics that’s it’s not a Failure. We’re going to try changing the door actuator. 

Hello Charlotte,

I believe this issue is an MOT failure, if any of the doors cannot be opened from outside, at the time of testing. It appears Mathew’s can be opened from outside once the door has been opened from inside - and before the automatic lock comes into play. 

Yours? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hey,

It shouldn’t be a mot failure as they can be opened from the outside, mine is exactly the same except it’s all my doors I can open from the inside and with the key then there fine to open from the outside but once locked I can’t open from the outside until opening from the inside again. 
before I send it into the mot place I’ll make sure it’s all unlocked and all the doors are opening and fingers crossed it should pass!