service

jossgas

Car was registered 30/12/20. I took delivery 21/1/21.  when will 1st service be due and will it be at 12months or 24 and then when will subsequent services be due?

I have it on 3 year lease so it will have to be serviced by Audi. Am considering looking at a maintenance contact? any thoughts?. I have looked at previous posts on servicing but still not clear in my mind. Will only do about 7000miles a year.

Hello Joe, 

As I understand it, the service-due indicator was either set on a Longlife service interval ( usually coming up at around 18k or 18 months), or an annual interval for low mileages covered in a year. 

If this is still the same, then dealers tend to set the indicator on an annual basis, since the car will return to them more frequently, and to be fair to them, your annual mileage would suggest that would be justified. 

Maintenance contract? Debatable, but you should be able to obtain an estimated cost from them ( would not suggest getting this from Sales Dept.) for annual servicing. What does the maintenance contract include. Consumables? - such as brake pads etc.? 

Again, you will need to look in detail at the terms of your PCP - where it may dictate that you must have the car serviced only at an Audi dealer, as opposed to ‘an Audi schedule’ which could allow you to have it serviced at say an independent. 

Hope some of this helps.

Kind regards,

Gareth.