Q2 brakes issue

Karen Gilmartin

I have a 2018 Q2 s-line and recently been feeling the brakes not working to their full capacity, kind of grinding and shuddering when I apply the brakes.

The car itself has only done 19,000 miles but has anyone else experienced this happening to their car and does the warranty cover brake issues?

It is also going in for its Service and Mot at the end of February but would like to get the brakes sorted prior to this.

Not forgetting I’ve been looking to see if there is any plans which cover wear and tear etc but have only came across the Term protection plan but looks like this is majority USA based for Audi.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Karen,

I think the first thing to do is to check the brake pad thickness, to see if they

are worn down to metal to metal, a visual check of the brake disc will let you see if

this is the case,  i think you will find that brake issues are not covered under warranty.

another check to do, is to jack the car up, and rotate a wheel at a time, if you are getting

a grating noise, this would indicate a problem with the brake caliper sticking.

hope this helps.

Hello Karen,

If this were mine, I would be getting this looked at without delay - the car is trying to tell you something. Obviously, brake pads would be the first thing to look at, but........just get someone to check it over pronto. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1