Coolant low min warning light

MarioBros

Hi everyone,

My car; Audi A3 1.6 2002 (8L)

I got a problem at the moment where my coolant minimum light is every no and then coming on and staying on. When I check my coolant level it’s actually never low, it will always be close to the max or just below it. I have now changed the expansion tank (where the sensor is inside) but nothings changed, it still comes on and stays on. The only time it resets is when the car is switched off and then on again.

what else can I do to get this problem sorted?

any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you all

• 2 months later...

Hello Chris,

Marcio hasn’t returned to the forum since he posted this, so we are none the wiser. 
My questions would be:- have you too changed the reservoir and sensor? If so, genuine VAG parts? 

If not, I would be first arming myself with a spray of contact cleaner, and disconnecting the plug at the base of the reservoir - the plug connecting to the level sensor. Examine the condition of the contacts, if there is any corrosion present then remove as much as possible before applying a good squirt of contact cleaner  - then wiggle the plug. 
If this doesn’t sort it, then you will need to renew the sensor.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Gareth, 

I have recently had a remap applied to the car so I’m not sure if that would interfere (they’re a local company who are very well reviewed) so I might give them a message and see if they’ve heard of anything similar! 

I’ll check the contacts out and see what sort of state there in! 

Thanks for the help!

Thanks Chris,

I’d be very surprised if it was anything associated with your re-map, but I’m sure they would be able to assist in sorting it.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1