Interior lights not coming on when ignition switched off

Slevin Kelevra

Hi Folks,

First time poster on here looking for some help please.

I’ve just picked up a brand new A4 Avant, Black Edition. 

One thing has me stumped !  On all of my previous cars ( mostly Golfs ) when I removed the key from the ignition after arriving to my destination, the interior lights would come on so I could see what I was doing before I exited the car. 

Im trying to achieve the same behaviour with my new Audi. 

Currently, When I get home at night, stop the car, press the Start/Stop button ( as there is no traditional key or ignition barrel ), the engine switches off and I am left in darkness. It’s only when I open the door, do the interior lights come on. 

Any ideas ?

I can’t see anything in the manual that mentions this behaviour, nor can I see anything in MMI about this.

Thanks!

Hello Dave, 

Thanks for contacting the forum. 

I’m of no use to you with this one, I’m afraid , since with everything I’ve driven, the lights only come on when you open the door. 

Given the dealership a ring? I’m sure they will give you sound advice.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for the reply Gareth.  

I may try the dealer but we shall see. I expect the dealer will want to see the car which is not really feasible right now.  

Hopefully I can find the answer on the internet.  I did find another thread about this exact issue elsewhere on the internet and the resolution was that you press the start stop button twice to get the interior lights to come on but that doesn’t work on my car.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi there Dave, I have a similar problem. My lights did come on when I turned the ignition of with the start stop button when lights are on auto setting. Now for some reason they don’t. Did you find out anymore info with yours. Cheers