Replacement 10 digit code for Audi Connect

tankeen86

Hi, I have recently purchased a 2018 A4. When trying to set up Audi connect, it asks for the 10 digit code which would have been supplied with the car when it was sold from new. However, as I bought the car second hand, I don't have this code. Is it a simple task to get this code, or do I have to contact an Audi dealer? I want to update the maps on my sat nav, and from what I see I need to have Audi Connect enabled to do this.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in that exact same position and will call Audi customer service tomorrow to find out what I need to do. Sales guy wasn’t exactly informative but it was a Saturday click and collect.

If you find out first post here 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in the same position and called my local dealer for a new key user 10 digit code.

They quoted me £70 for a new code which I wasn’t sure if it’s worth paying , so I’ve left it

and will try working on them again at a later date.

Hi Julian

looks like you’re getting a good result 👍🏻
My cars just got to 3 years old so I’m probably not going to be as fortunate 

but I’m hoping I can work on a member of staff I’m friends with 🤞🏻

The Audi Connect on my 2016 A4 expired a couple of weeks ago (after being renewed FOC by Audi last year).  This time they weren't so generous and I'm now £141 out of pocket 😞

Glen

• Thanks 1

Hi Glen,

I received my code yesterday and to be honest am a little disappointed.

I can see how much fuel I have and other information that’s available whilst in the car anyway. So, the connect really only allows me to open the car from anywhere in the world. Not, sure I need to do that either. 

I was hoping it would start the car on a cold day at the very least. Unless I’m missing something I could live without it.

Maybe there are more features I’m not aware of?  Perhaps need to explore in more detail.

Julian 

I haven't contacted a dealer yet about getting the code, and I probably won't bother if I'm being honest. Although I would like to try out android auto, I know its something I would use for a few days, and then the novelty would wear off.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am in the same position just bought an A8 and to sign up to myaudi need this 10 digit code. Called my local Audi dealer and was quoted £57 to £70.  I think this is an absolute rip off!  Not impressed with Audi.  I bought a BMW, registration to my BMW was painless, yes you have to pay for any packages but at least you can see what is available.

Is it worth signing up to my Audi?

Hi Ts 

I haven’t purchased the code as yet and not sure if I’ll bother.

If you do let me know whether it’s worth it 

regards 

6 hours ago, Dave S said:

Hi Ts 

I haven’t purchased the code as yet and not sure if I’ll bother.

If you do let me know whether it’s worth it 

regards 

Hi Dave,

Chasing the previous owner to see if he still has it the code so will let you know how things go.

TS

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I'm in the same position too. Apple CarPlay seems to work fine if I plug my phone in via a cable into the USB socket but does I need the vehicle code/Audi Connect for Apple CarPlay to work wirelessly? Also do I need it to view the car's service history?

I'm wondering if it's worth paying an Audi dealer for the code.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Vanquish said:

Hi all, I'm in the same position too. Apple CarPlay seems to work fine if I plug my phone in via a cable into the USB socket but does I need the vehicle code/Audi Connect for Apple CarPlay to work wirelessly? Also do I need it to view the car's service history?

I'm wondering if it's worth paying an Audi dealer for the code.

Thanks!

A 2018 of model is unlikely to support wireless carplay (or android auto) 

If you sign to myaudi /audi connect then you get access to the Internet other features. 

If you want more than that then you need to register as the key user and that requires the dealer getting you 10 digit code. 

CarPlay will work independently of this. 

My vehicle was first registered October 2019 but even with Audi Connect it doesn’t support wireless Apple CarPlay. 

live traffic updates and a couple of other features make it useful but not sure I would pay for it being honest. 

31 minutes ago, Julezmc1977 said:

My vehicle was first registered October 2019 but even with Audi Connect it doesn’t support wireless Apple CarPlay. 

live traffic updates and a couple of other features make it useful but not sure I would pay for it being honest. 

I think wireless carplay was introduced on 2020 models. 

There are some aftermarket options around. 

Either way it is independent of audi connect but I think you need the audi smartphone interface for carplay /android auto to work.