A6 factory order delivery time?

Karl699

Hi,

I ordered an A6 Avant 45 TFSI Black edition with C&S and Tech pack on 1st December 2020 and was hoping I would get the car for 1st March but the car hasn’t been given a build slot yet. Does anyone know what the deliver to customer time would be for a factory order please from the time I ordered it please ? Thanks In advance.

Karl

• 2 weeks later...

Mine took months.  I ordered very similar and they said to me lead times were 3 - 5 months.

It did take just over 3 months.  I guess it is different for every car but you should get updates form Audi.

2 hours ago, J1515829 said:

I ordered mine on 2nd Feb and delivery is mid-March

I had an update yesterday to say it’s now built and arrived at the UK port so hopefully I will have delivery soon. Thanks everyone.

• 1 month later...

I ordered my 50 TFSI e Quattro in October and it’s still not even been given a build slot yet. £56k for a car and can’t build it in half a year - hardly a ringing endorsement 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2021 at 4:19 PM, Delperrio said:

I ordered my 50 TFSI e Quattro in October and it’s still not even been given a build slot yet. £56k for a car and can’t build it in half a year - hardly a ringing endorsement 

Vehicle confirmed for build today. Absolute joke of a delay to be honest but still looking forward to the actual car 

7 hours ago, Delperrio said:

Vehicle confirmed for build today. Absolute joke of a delay to be honest but still looking forward to the actual car 

That's madness, allegedly there's an issue with getting computer chips for some manufacturers. This might have been one reason for a delay. 

• Thanks 1

My A6 Black Edition with Tech Pack was delivered last week, 12 weeks exactly after I ordered it. 

Was promised a 12 week lead time when I ordered and it was exactly 12 weeks.

2 hours ago, jammy said:

My A6 Black Edition with Tech Pack was delivered last week, 12 weeks exactly after I ordered it. 

Was promised a 12 week lead time when I ordered and it was exactly 12 weeks.

Have you gone conventional fuel or PHEV? 

27 minutes ago, Delperrio said:

Have you gone conventional fuel or PHEV? 

I got a great deal on a 3 year lease on the 40TFSi.

Probably will be my last petrol engined car, as I reckon electric cars will start to outsell ICE by then as the tech improves.

1 hour ago, jammy said:

Probably will be my last petrol engined car, as I reckon electric cars will start to outsell ICE by then as the tech improves.

Good stuff - hope you enjoy it. I think it’s because I ordered the TFSI E. reckon that’s the delay - though I will benefit from a 17.1kwh battery upgrade so not all doom and gloom.

has a confirmed build now and an ETA of mid July so fingers crossed 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jolitaula said:

I still haven't gotten mine.

Hey, sorry to hear that. What model have you ordered? Mine is now ready for delivery next Thursday. I went for the 50 TFSI e Quattro sport.

how long you been waiting? Mines taken 10 months looking at the original order form 

• 3 months later...
On 5/19/2021 at 12:49 PM, jammy said:

I ordered the same last month and was given an estimated delivery month of July 22. What's been your experience with the 40TFSI? Enjoying it? I'm worried it may be underpowered

9 hours ago, AlphaPrime said:

I ordered the same last month and was given an estimated delivery month of July 22. What's been your experience with the 40TFSI? Enjoying it? I'm worried it may be underpowered

Had it a few months now and have to say I really like it. I’ve had quite a few high powered cars, Golf R, Audi S4 etc, and whilst this obviously isn’t as quick it is still isn’t a slouch. The mild hybrid adds a little torque boost early on in the rev range, which can be felt better when at lower speeds.

Gear changes are silky smooth (unlike the diesel version apparently), road noise and refinement is top class. It’s a very smooth and quiet place to be. Speed perception is very hard to judge as the cabin certainly cocoons you.

Don’t expect it to be like a hot hatch, but for a big barge it handles itself very well. It feels like a much smaller car on the road. Steering is much sharper than previous Audis I’ve owned. You can still feel it’s front heavy when pushed, but under normal driving it handles quite sharply.

The interior is superb. The dashboard and driver instruments are in a class of their own, the tech pack adds so many nice touches. The seats are the comfiest I’ve sat in. All in all a great place to be.

Any niggles, of course. Audi Pre-sense (Adaptive braking) is a pain and is over sensitive. Lane departure can’t be permanently turned off, another pain. There is an occasional rattle from the dash when travelling over slower rough ground, especially annoying as it’s pronounced in the quietness of the otherwise serene cabin.

All in all a great car, If be surprised if you don’t like it unless your expecting similar performance to an RS6.

Edited by jammy
Typo

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 7:03 PM, jammy said:

Had it a few months now and have to say I really like it. I’ve had quite a few high powered cars, Golf R, Audi S4 etc, and whilst this obviously isn’t as quick it is still isn’t a slouch. The mild hybrid adds a little torque boost early on in the rev range, which can be felt better when at lower speeds.

Gear changes are silky smooth (unlike the diesel version apparently), road noise and refinement is top class. It’s a very smooth and quiet place to be. Speed perception is very hard to judge as the cabin certainly cocoons you.

Don’t expect it to be like a hot hatch, but for a big barge it handles itself very well. It feels like a much smaller car on the road. Steering is much sharper than previous Audis I’ve owned. You can still feel it’s front heavy when pushed, but under normal driving it handles quite sharply.

The interior is superb. The dashboard and driver instruments are in a class of their own, the tech pack adds so many nice touches. The seats are the comfiest I’ve sat in. All in all a great place to be.

Any niggles, of course. Audi Pre-sense (Adaptive braking) is a pain and is over sensitive. Lane departure can’t be permanently turned off, another pain. There is an occasional rattle from the dash when travelling over slower rough ground, especially annoying as it’s pronounced in the quietness of the otherwise serene cabin.

All in all a great car, If be surprised if you don’t like it unless your expecting similar performance to an RS6.

Thanks for this jammy. I have just ordered a red black edition with C+S and the 40TFSI. 

I'm coming from a C7 A6 BE with the 2.0 tdi 190 so im not concerned about performance. 

Do you have any detail regarding economy? I'm expecting circa 10mpg less than the diesel. What's the best you can achieve on a long run being careful etc?

Again thanks for the write up above. 

Edited by longy_uk

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 1:07 PM, longy_uk said:

Thanks for this jammy. I have just ordered a red black edition with C+S and the 40TFSI. 

I'm coming from a C7 A6 BE with the 2.0 tdi 190 so im not concerned about performance. 

Do you have any detail regarding economy? I'm expecting circa 10mpg less than the diesel. What's the best you can achieve on a long run being careful etc?

Again thanks for the write up above. 

Hi Longy. Sorry for long response time, but due to various reasons not been very ‘social’ recently.

I’m probably not the best for asking about getting the best mpg out of a car, I very rarely drive for economy and for the last few years I would say 90% of my driving is urban.

That said, I have a few figures that I have mentally recorded since having the car. 

My normal urban weekly drive sees me pretty much get 30mpg. That’s never going out of a 40mph, and majority 30mph inner city.

I have driven 2 long journeys quite recently. Both approx 200mile return journeys, all of which were mainly driven on Motoryways (M62 / A1M) and with very little traiffic congestion so generally maintaining 70mph average. Both were a smidge over 40mpg.

My long term average on the MMI is currently showing 32.1mpg @ 4700 miles. So confirms above that with no real desire to drive with fuel efficiency in mind you’ll hit 30-40mpg depending on the mix of driving routes you take.

I’m pretty sure you could hit much higher than 40mpg on a long run if you really tried, it’s just not my thing.

HTH 🙂

Edited by jammy
Stoopid spelling typos

Thank you @jammy

That confirms my thinking that the car will be circa 10mpg less economical than the diesel variant (my current a6 diesel show 42.7mpg average on the dis for 81k miles).

Given that the diesel is £2,425 more than the TFSI it takes about 80,000 miles before the diesel saves anything. Plus millage rates are higher for petrol when driving for work and I wont have to constantly put ad-blue in. Oh and the petrol holds its value better through PCP so payments are lower too.... 

Happy with my choice. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 9:45 AM, AlphaPrime said:

I just ordered the 40TFSI black edition with C&S pack in black last week (16th Dec) and also says in the order form July, although the Agent quoted May/June.  I've had the 2018 C7 SE Exec 40TDI for last 3.5 years and have loved it.  Be interesting to hear when you have your build week confirmed.

On 12/22/2021 at 2:59 PM, Epistone13 said:

I just ordered the 40TFSI black edition with C&S pack in black last week (16th Dec) and also says in the order form July, although the Agent quoted May/June.  I've had the 2018 C7 SE Exec 40TDI for last 3.5 years and have loved it.  Be interesting to hear when you have your build week confirmed.

Hi there. I ordered an A6 C8 40tfsi Black Edition with C\S pack on the 15th November 2021. Three weeks later I had my build week confirmed as 'week 6' 2022 (thats mid feb). Sounds great but my dealer told me it 'wont be then'... I guess I'll have to sit on my hands till Feb and see if it slips, or should I say see where it slips to.

Any news on yours?

• 5 months later...
On 11/9/2021 at 7:03 PM, jammy said:

Thanks massively for this write up. Really looking forward to getting the car now. I think I’m still on track for delivery in July. Confirmed build week is w/c 6th June

On 12/27/2021 at 2:20 PM, Epistone13 said:

No news yet, I'll give them time and message when we go back in the new year.

Any news yet? After chasing Audi they’ve now said my car is confirmed for production for week 23 which is w/c 6th June

19 hours ago, AlphaPrime said:

Any news yet? After chasing Audi they’ve now said my car is confirmed for production for week 23 which is w/c 6th June

I got build week 24 w/c 13th June confirmed only last week. Sold my A6 C7 Exec last week to Cazoo after paying it off.  Got a good deal with the current price of 2nd hand, made a tidy sum versus what my settlement fee was.