A6 factory order delivery time?

Karl699

On 6/5/2022 at 11:55 PM, AlphaPrime said:

Any news yet? After chasing Audi they’ve now said my car is confirmed for production for week 23 which is w/c 6th June

Update - Dealer contacted me today to say it's built and being loaded at Port of exit.  Should have it in 2-3 weeks time.  Have you heard anything yet?

48 minutes ago, Epistone13 said:

Update - Dealer contacted me today to say it's built and being loaded at Port of exit.  Should have it in 2-3 weeks time.  Have you heard anything yet?

I’m in a very weird situation. Been really struggling to get anything out of my dealer so contacted Audi and they said the car is at status 70 which means it’s ast the Audi dealership and has been since 27/06! I’ve now chased my dealer armed with this info so fingers crossed

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 4:21 PM, Epistone13 said:

Had mine for 2 weeks now and absolutely loving it. Any update on yours? 

10 minutes ago, AlphaPrime said:

Hi mate - just got an email notification as I've posted in this thread before. 

I ordered a 40TFSI Black Edition with C&S in tango red on 13th November 21 and picked it up on the 9th April 22 (4 months ago!). Seems like you guys got the slow boat?

Funnily enough the day I picked it up I ordered an RS6. Currently build week 48 this year. Absolutely love the A6 - its great - but given the shift to electric etc I though its now or never to get my dream car!

37 minutes ago, AlphaPrime said:

Arrived at the dealer over a fortnight ago,  but finance team made a mistake on the docs that took a week to fix, and then I was on holiday for a week, so it's getting delivered tomorrow 🙂

13 minutes ago, Epistone13 said:

Arrived at the dealer over a fortnight ago,  but finance team made a mistake on the docs that took a week to fix, and then I was on holiday for a week, so it's getting delivered tomorrow 🙂

Yeah I experienced delays all kinds of delays too. Car got to the dealership 27/06 but it only got to me on 22/07. All I can say is.....it was worth the wait! Let us know how you get on! 

24 minutes ago, longy_uk said:

I ordered a 40TFSI Black Edition with C&S in tango red on 13th November 21 and picked it up on the 9th April 22 (4 months ago!). Seems like you guys got the slow boat?

Funnily enough the day I picked it up I ordered an RS6. Currently build week 48 this year. Absolutely love the A6 - its great - but given the shift to electric etc I though its now or never to get my dream car!

Yeah we def got the slow boat.
Good call on the RS6!!! What colour did you go for? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, longy_uk said:

You might get it for Christmas then, what a present that would be.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlphaPrime said:

Yeah I experienced delays all kinds of delays too. Car got to the dealership 27/06 but it only got to me on 22/07. All I can say is.....it was worth the wait! Let us know how you get on! 

Glad you are enjoying it, I can't wait,  still missing my old A6 since selling it last month and this one is an upgrade from my last one.

Just now, AlphaPrime said:

Yeah we def got the slow boat.
Good call on the RS6!!! What colour did you go for? 

Nardo Grey Carbon Black with C&S, Red Callipers and Sport Exhaust. Managed to get a great deal and my current A6 just gets handed back. Been watching fuel prices rising with nothing but regret lol! 

My review on the C8 A6 40tfsi coming from the C7 2.0tdi is that its brilliant - the technology is out of this world, love the dash, love big screens and the B&O is outstanding! Only thing I'm still disappointed about is the part pleather; a car of this calibre (£50k+) should have full leather as my C7 did. Other than that I simply cant fault it! Economy (for me) is 35.6mpg average over 4600 miles. so basically 10mpg less than the diesel equivalent. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, longy_uk said:

Nardo Grey Carbon Black with C&S, Red Callipers and Sport Exhaust. Managed to get a great deal and my current A6 just gets handed back. Been watching fuel prices rising with nothing but regret lol! 

My review on the C8 A6 40tfsi coming from the C7 2.0tdi is that its brilliant - the technology is out of this world, love the dash, love big screens and the B&O is outstanding! Only thing I'm still disappointed about is the part pleather; a car of this calibre (£50k+) should have full leather as my C7 did. Other than that I simply cant fault it! Economy (for me) is 35.6mpg average over 4600 miles. so basically 10mpg less than the diesel equivalent. 

Looks like petrol prices at least are gradually dropping though. 

On the A6, yeah I agree that it would be nice to have full leather but the interior is so well built I can't really complain. One thing that I found pleasantly surprising was the amount of space on offer inside the car. I'm well over 6ft and am able to get a comfortable seating position without making the seat behind me useless which was all but impossible in my old car (Jaguar XF)

The active lane keeping assist can be annoying and intrusive at times though. No complaints on the motorway but on some narrow roads......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlphaPrime said:

The lane keeping assist can be annoying and intrusive at times though. No complaints on the motorway but on some narrow roads......

You're not wrong. Its a most odd feeling when the car seems to automatically 'turn into' a bend on a B road. No excuse to be sloppy indicating while changing lane on dual carriageway now as the car literally fights with you doesn't it.

Its turned off by clicking the button on the end of the indicator but seems to turn back on at each restart for me. 

And yes im 6ft2in and find it very comfortable. Incredible machine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got it delivered on Tuesday of this week, what a fiasco. 

Car has been in UK since 15th July.  Finance team screwed up paperwork and took them a week to sort it meaning there was no time to arrange delivery before I went on holiday on 23rd. Came back on 3rd August with an arranged delivery date of 4th. Got a call on 4th to say it had a warning light whilst loading for delivery and it was being sent to inspection centre. Part needed ordering came last Thursday 11th and Delivery arranged for Tuesday 16th.

It was !Removed! filthy when it came off the transporter,  and had 138 miles on the clock, cheeky buggers must have driven it to the inspection centre and never bothered to clean it afterwards. I've had second hand cars delivered in better condition.  No covers on the seats or steering wheel, Still had the drivers mobile devices listed in the MMI too.

Anyway it's all cleaned up now and only issue I have is the Audi Connect doesn't seem to have activated correctly,  licence is showing as Demo till December 2023, but I should have a 36 month subscription.  I've raised a ticket with the digital support team.

20 minutes ago, Epistone13 said:

Finally got it delivered on Tuesday of this week, what a fiasco. 

Car has been in UK since 15th July.  Finance team screwed up paperwork and took them a week to sort it meaning there was no time to arrange delivery before I went on holiday on 23rd. Came back on 3rd August with an arranged delivery date of 4th. Got a call on 4th to say it had a warning light whilst loading for delivery and it was being sent to inspection centre. Part needed ordering came last Thursday 11th and Delivery arranged for Tuesday 16th.

It was !Removed! filthy when it came off the transporter,  and had 138 miles on the clock, cheeky buggers must have driven it to the inspection centre and never bothered to clean it afterwards. I've had second hand cars delivered in better condition.  No covers on the seats or steering wheel, Still had the drivers mobile devices listed in the MMI too.

Anyway it's all cleaned up now and only issue I have is the Audi Connect doesn't seem to have activated correctly,  licence is showing as Demo till December 2023, but I should have a 36 month subscription.  I've raised a ticket with the digital support team.

That must have been frustrating and annoying but glad you've finally got it now. Cheeky of them to deliver it with 138 miles though!  
I have the exact same issue with the Audi connect but haven't done anything about it yet. 

1 hour ago, AlphaPrime said:

That must have been frustrating and annoying but glad you've finally got it now. Cheeky of them to deliver it with 138 miles though!  
I have the exact same issue with the Audi connect but haven't done anything about it yet. 

Regards the Audi Connect license,  Audi Digital say it needs a visit to the dealer to rectify,  they've hooked me up with my nearest dealer as the one I got the car via is a lot further away.

So I've had the car for a week now, and I can say I'm impressed with it.

The TFSI is a lot smoother than the C7 TDI I had previously and it responds really quickly.

The tech is crazy better than the C7.

My single gripe is the removal of the Audi phone box, with the wireless charger, but it's not a big gripe.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 9:06 AM, Epistone13 said:

So I've had the car for a week now, and I can say I'm impressed with it.

The TFSI is a lot smoother than the C7 TDI I had previously and it responds really quickly.

The tech is crazy better than the C7.

My single gripe is the removal of the Audi phone box, with the wireless charger, but it's not a big gripe.

Glad you're pleased with your c8 🙂 might be able to get the phonebox retrofitted.  Autologics have been used by members with positive results 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 10:32 AM, AlphaPrime said:

Update on the Audi Connect licences.

Visited the dealer as per the advice from the Audi Digital Services team, dealer not sure what to do but messaged the Audi Sales office in the first instance who pointed her back to the Audi Digital Services team full circle and the following morning I got a pushed update to update the licenses.

Attached are before and after shots. 

20220818_084542.jpg

20220827_085824.jpg

1 hour ago, Epistone13 said:

Update on the Audi Connect licences.

Visited the dealer as per the advice from the Audi Digital Services team, dealer not sure what to do but messaged the Audi Sales office in the first instance who pointed her back to the Audi Digital Services team full circle and the following morning I got a pushed update to update the licenses.

Attached are before and after shots. 

20220818_084542.jpg

20220827_085824.jpg

Thanks for the update mate

• 1 month later...

I ordered mine in May 2021, expected build date week 51/52. dealership managed to wrangle me a vehicle matching my spec ordered for potential demo for dealer network and was flooded/damaged. i eventually got mine January 2022. was disappointed that a lot of the standard features on the 19/20/21 models missing due to short supply of computer components :(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Optimus said:

I ordered mine in May 2021, expected build date week 51/52. dealership managed to wrangle me a vehicle matching my spec ordered for potential demo for dealer network and was flooded/damaged. i eventually got mine January 2022. was disappointed that a lot of the standard features on the 19/20/21 models missing due to short supply of computer components 😞

Can I ask what’s missing?

10 hours ago, jammy said:

Can I ask what’s missing?

depends on your chosen spec I went for everything this was missing out of the packs.

- Soft close feature on doors

- phone wireless charging pad

- individual tyre pressure monitoring 

- heated steering wheel

- adaptive cruise control 

- integrated toll module

there is a load of others but I can’t remember, them specifically. 

7 minutes ago, Optimus said:

depends on your chosen spec I went for everything this was missing out of the packs.

- Soft close feature on doors

- phone wireless charging pad

- individual tyre pressure monitoring 

- heated steering wheel

- adaptive cruise control 

- integrated toll module

there is a load of others but I can’t remember, them specifically. 

What actual model did you choose? 

Vorsprung is the only one in the range with heated steering wheel.

Even if you pick all packs on the S line or black edition.  

I went for the black edition with comfort and sound pack.  Only thing I didn't get that I was expecting was the phone box.  I have soft close doors, individual tyre monitor and adaptive cruise control.  I didn't choose the other packs so wouldn't have the toll module and the charge pad comes with the phone box, which seems to be in short supply so it's only on the Vorsprung and etron models now from what I can see.

12 minutes ago, Epistone13 said:

What actual model did you choose? 

Vorsprung is the only one in the range with heated steering wheel.

Even if you pick all packs on the S line or black edition.  

I went for the black edition with comfort and sound pack.  Only thing I didn't get that I was expecting was the phone box.  I have soft close doors, individual tyre monitor and adaptive cruise control.  I didn't choose the other packs so wouldn't have the toll module and the charge pad comes with the phone box, which seems to be in short supply so it's only on the Vorsprung and etron models now from what I can see.

Well this is where it go confusing for me, during my order I had repeated phone calls from the dealer advising me of features that are going to be out and features that are going to be in. 2021 production going into 2022 the models and packs changed, for example all MY22 models no longer have the v6 engine only the S6 model. I have the LED headlights from the Vorsprung which wasn't available for the black edition, but became default for the MY22 models. This was not part of my original order specification,  I actually wanted a Vorsprung model, but I was told the wait would be 9+months which is why i settled on the black edition.