2007 2.0tdi cvt avant

Hodge911

Just bought it last Thursday. 

Before I put it on the road I,m going to do the timing belt kit inc water pump. Aux drive belt kit , full engine service and change the cvt fluid ... 

Just wondering what engine oil you lot are using  and where are you getting from ?

Hi Peter,

I'm using Triple QX Fully Synthetic 0w-30 from EuroCarParts. I don't know how it compares with the leading brands, but I've been using it for years in a variety of cars and I'm not aware that it's done me wrong. I have a 2.0TFSI, so don't know of this will be compatible with yours.

Ian  

9 hours ago, Ianswebb said:

Hi Peter,

I'm using Triple QX Fully Synthetic 0w-30 from EuroCarParts. I don't know how it compares with the leading brands, but I've been using it for years in a variety of cars and I'm not aware that it's done me wrong. I have a 2.0TFSI, so don't know of this will be compatible with yours.

Ian  

Thanks for taking time to reply ... I've got 3/4 of a 20l barrel of 5w30 mannol premium fully synthetic that I used in my Volvo xc90 .

I'm going to write down the details on the drum and check if that's suitable

Hello Peter,

For what it  means, both brands mentioned are most likely to have been ‘bought on price’, and particularly with Triple QX, it often comes or can come, as part of a Crossland filter combination. Crossland were once a very well respected brand, but now a bought-out brand mane exclusive to ECP. WouldI use them? No, but that’s a personal opinion. 

Based on the fact that DIY maintenance obviously comes free of labour charges, I always invest the savings by only buying quality parts - at best possible prices. To this end, I have stuck with Quantum oil which is/was the VAG recommended brand, and is usually listed on eBay. It has stood me in good stead with the humble A3 which now has in excess of 160K under its belt. Filters? only Mann or Bosch unless using VAG (at discount). 

Not sure of any of this helps. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Hello Peter,

For what it  means, both brands mentioned are most likely to have been ‘bought on price’, and particularly with Triple QX, it often comes or can come, as part of a Crossland filter combination. Crossland were once a very well respected brand, but now a bought-out brand mane exclusive to ECP. WouldI use them? No, but that’s a personal opinion. 

Based on the fact that DIY maintenance obviously comes free of labour charges, I always invest the savings by only buying quality parts - at best possible prices. To this end, I have stuck with Quantum oil which is/was the VAG recommended brand, and is usually listed on EBay. It has stood me in good stead with the humble A3 which now has in excess of 160K under its belt. Filters? only Mann or Bosch unless using VAG (at discount). 

Not sure of any of this helps. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for input....

I have bosch filters to use (air , oil , fuel )...

As long as the oil I have falls in spec for the car I'll use it as I can't see the point of leaving approx 15l of oil sitting in the shed... 

When I bought the mannol for the d5 volvo I read the reviews and it had good recommendations

My choice was absolutely based on price! for a couple of reasons. The first of which was because I was in dire need of oil due to a poorly fitted oil filter seal, it dumped a litre in a week with very little mileage! Service book stated an oil change just before I bought it, done by the garage that's owned by the used car dealer.. The sceptical side of me thinks that it may have been done deliberately so I return the vehicle under the three month AA/RAC warranty. With the dealer knowing full well that seals and gaskets aren't covered and so send me the bill! 

Though previous experience was also a massive part and the premise that you can't undo any damage already done. However, should I ever be a first owner, I'd defo go for the premium oils. Filters on the other hand, Mann or Bosch all the way.

Ian