2015 Audi A8 vs 2017/18 updated model

paulgee

Hi there - 

I am currently driving a 2013 Jaguar XJ and was considering an Audi A8 aa a replacement. So I thought this would be a good place to get some advice.

I absolutely love the XJ but Jaguar dealerships are on the whole, shocking to deal with. The car is the best I've ever owned, so I'm looking for a vehicle of similar performance. I like the fact the A8 is four wheel drive. The XJ is unusable in even the lightest snow.

My question really comes down to whether to go for a 2015 model, or splash out nearly £10k more on the 2017 updated model. While I can find reviews of each edition, there's no clear comparisons other than the specification, and the infotainment system.

I quite like the look of the older model, with proper dials and instrumentation, although admit the later model looks really great. What are the main differences and is the later edition worth a considerable amount more? This also presents a slight issue, as the additional expense would fund a 3-litre F-Pace, which has an AWD transmission, and added practicality.

If the differences between the 3rd and 4th edition A8 is mostly cosmetic and infotainment, then the £10k or so is worth saving. But sometimes new models are complete game-changers. As I cannot currently test drive vehicles (government restrictions), I'm tempted to hold onto the XJ unit later in the year in any case. But would like to decide if the A8 is in the running when the time comes.

Thanks for any guidance and your thoughts.

Paul