Heater matrix removal

Andyman220

Hey guys, I’m a new member here so sorry if I missed a previous thread, my car heater stopped working a few months back I have an a3 1.6 tdi I have looked online and did a flush on the matrix and no water would pass through it. I have bought a new matrix just abit unsure as how to strip the centre  console to get to it does anyone have any pictures of then doing it or anything just to help me out??

Hello mate,

Do you have any fluctuation in your engine temp?

Could be your thermostat not opening properly or could have an air pocket in your coolant lines resulting in it not getting circulated properly/hot coolant not reaching the matrix. Try a coolant flush if you can and see if there is any leaks around the thermostat housing where it bolts on.

On 2/20/2021 at 8:00 PM, FurioLx said:

Hello mate,

Do you have any fluctuation in your engine temp?

Could be your thermostat not opening properly or could have an air pocket in your coolant lines resulting in it not getting circulated properly/hot coolant not reaching the matrix. Try a coolant flush if you can and see if there is any leaks around the thermostat housing where it bolts on.

Hi mate yeah I tried that first that’s when I discovered my matrix was blocked stripping it down again on Wednesday I’ll post my results haha