Injectors

Bobmack

Thanks for that Steve. The work on the injector has already been done I’m afraid and the bearing is being changed tomorrow I believe with the intention of me getting the car back Thursday or Friday. But the thought did occur to me earlier about getting back in touch with the AA and asking them to send me what their recovery driver initially diagnosed and then presenting that to the garage when I go to collect my car.

I’ll keep you posted on the outcome of any disagreement. Including length of jail time I receive for handing out some lefts and rights haha.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hiyaaaaaa me again!

It’s uncanny isn’t it. Leaving work after a 12 hour night shift and the same issue again!

The stupidly infuriating issue this time though is that I could sense the issue developing (engine running rough at idle) so took the car in to a (different, I’ve moved house since last time) garage and told them the issue and they came back and told me they couldn’t find fault with the injectors and have instead stuck 2 bottle of fuel cleaning solution in and told me to crack on. It seemed like it had cleared for about an hour then the same issue again.

Whats my chances of getting them to admit they’ve been somewhat negligent and doing the work at a reduced rate? 

If it wasn’t for bad luck I’d have none😅

5 hours ago, Fuel_uninjected said:

Hiyaaaaaa me again!

It’s uncanny isn’t it. Leaving work after a 12 hour night shift and the same issue again!

The stupidly infuriating issue this time though is that I could sense the issue developing (engine running rough at idle) so took the car in to a (different, I’ve moved house since last time) garage and told them the issue and they came back and told me they couldn’t find fault with the injectors and have instead stuck 2 bottle of fuel cleaning solution in and told me to crack on. It seemed like it had cleared for about an hour then the same issue again.

Whats my chances of getting them to admit they’ve been somewhat negligent and doing the work at a reduced rate? 

If it wasn’t for bad luck I’d have none😅

I think you'd struggle getting any discount as it's nearly 2 years since you last had the fault. 

Might be worth you taking it to Audi if no-one else can find the issue 

4 hours ago, Steve Q said:

I think you'd struggle getting any discount as it's nearly 2 years since you last had the fault. 

Might be worth you taking it to Audi if no-one else can find the issue 

No I don’t mean the previous garage! The one who’ve recently carried out the work. I shouldn’t have used the word negligent because they’re really decent but I’m going to ask about the cost of the recent work being deducted off the bill I get next!