Simply Audi - Beaulieu - 1st August 2021 chat thread

Trevor

Hi Steve

I have a part time job of delivering new cars. I travel all over. I had to deliver a Renault Zoe to South Wales, which you cannot do without a recharge. I got as far as Membury Services with 50 miles left in the battery. Electric charge stations " out of order" Had to get the Zoe trailed to the next Services. Only could get a 45 minute charge there because of faults in the system. Just made it to the customer, who then complained that I had run the battery nearly out. The infrastructure just isn't there yet. Even the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV which is advertised as doing over 100 mpg, I have never got more than 40 mpg driving to Scotland.

Tony

2 hours ago, Anton8 said:

Hi Steve

I have a part time job of delivering new cars. I travel all over. I had to deliver a Renault Zoe to South Wales, which you cannot do without a recharge. I got as far as Membury Services with 50 miles left in the battery. Electric charge stations " out of order" Had to get the Zoe trailed to the next Services. Only could get a 45 minute charge there because of faults in the system. Just made it to the customer, who then complained that I had run the battery nearly out. The infrastructure just isn't there yet. Even the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV which is advertised as doing over 100 mpg, I have never got more than 40 mpg driving to Scotland.

Tony

Exactly. Funnily enough I've been looking at replacing my Ford kuga daily for a non.hybrid outlander 7 seater. How do you find the drive of them? 

Steve,

I fuuly agree with your thoughts on electric. However I am still waiting to test drive the Audi e-Tron GT to experience an electric car 😏

In my opinion old skool cars are the best 😀

Hi Steve

The Mitsubishi Outlander Diesel is very good. Very powerful but wouldn't win a GP. Very spacious and on long journeys is a good comfortable drive.

The e-Tron I think is a whole different ball game.  But electric does give you the sense of power. The Renault Zoe 0-30 has the same torque as a Porsche 911 with no gear changes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Obasa said:

Steve,

I fuuly agree with your thoughts on electric. However I am still waiting to test drive the Audi e-Tron GT to experience an electric car 😏

In my opinion old skool cars are the best 😀

Definitely can't beat old-school. I've driven electric cars abd the experience bis weird when doing it for the first time. Acceleration is better than normal cars though so pulling away at lights can be fun lol. 

8 hours ago, Anton8 said:

Hi Steve

The Mitsubishi Outlander Diesel is very good. Very powerful but wouldn't win a GP. Very spacious and on long journeys is a good comfortable drive.

The e-Tron I think is a whole different ball game.  But electric does give you the sense of power. The Renault Zoe 0-30 has the same torque as a Porsche 911 with no gear changes.

Thank you. Have been considering one when family grows. Think it would make a good alrounder to transport family and the two dogs. 

• 1 month later...

I have bought mine as advised previously  😉

I have purchased my ticket for this event and I am prepared to meet up at the meeting place.

On 6/27/2021 at 10:26 PM, Obasa said:

I have bought mine as advised previously  😉

23 hours ago, Anton8 said:

Got my tickets. 

Nice one both, I'll put you down as paid 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Any ideas whether and where you intend to meet up before entering the grounds of the car show? Do we have a club stand?

14 hours ago, Obasa said:

Hi guys,

Any ideas whether and where you intend to meet up before entering the grounds of the car show? Do we have a club stand?

Yep got a club stand with banner 🙂 going to find a new meeting point a the original one was too rutted lol. I less anyone else knows of a good one? Where'd you all meet in 2019? 

Steve Q - excellent - club stand and banner 👍

It would appear that last year they met up at Rownhams Motorway Services - SO16 8AP or the Car Park at Tesco's at Sizer Way, Dibden, Southampton SO45 5JA as stated here:

I can meet at any of these locations. As I reside in Broxbourne, Hertfordshire I would need to leave home around 6/6.30am to arrive say around 8.30/8.45am - no a problem as I will sit back and enjoy the ride in my automatic. 🤣👍🤣

Edited by Obasa

5 hours ago, Anton8 said:

I can make it to either location.

Perhaps meet at Car Park at Tesco's at Sizer Way, Dibden, Southampton SO45 5JA as its only 9 mins or so from the car show?

On 7/16/2021 at 10:53 PM, Anton8 said:

What time would you suggest? I don't think we can get in until 09.30, so perhaps we should aim at 08.30 ish to meet.

Around 8.30am works for me

Beaulieu have issued this instruction and also the label that requires printing out and displaying in the windscreen:

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards.

Audi Owners Club.pdf

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Trevor said:

Beaulieu have issued this instruction and also the label that requires printing out and displaying in the windscreen:

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards.

Audi Owners Club.pdf 401.48 kB · 3 downloads

I see one problem with this abd it says Audi owners club. Often than not we get mixed up with Audi owners club (uk). 

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

I see one problem with this abd it says Audi owners club. Often than not we get mixed up with Audi owners club (uk). 

Did notice that Steve and its a very good point.....probably best to keep any eye out for any of our members but I suppose that depends where the stand will be in respect of the location of the entrance

Just now, Trevor said:

Did notice that Steve and its a very good point.....probably best to keep any eye out for any of our members but I suppose that depends where the stand will be in respect of the location of the entrance

Very true. Definitely will need to meet in advance. 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Please accept my apology as unfortunate I will not be able to attend as an domestic emergency has come up. 😲

Anyway, have a great event and I look forward to any pictures you post up 😀