Esc fault light after wheel alignment carried out.

Liam29

I have had my suspension arms replaced, along with my suspension springs, all on the front end, the tracking was slightly out as you might expect, I had the 4 wheel alignment done and once it came of the ramps, I drove off and the tracking was even worse then when I took it there, and a ESC light came on and stayed on, I took it straight back, they re did it and said the person that first did it set it up for the wrong model, so it was re done, i drove off the trackinf still wasn't perfect and the light came back on but it lasted a lot longer then the first time, should they be re setting the steering angle sensor at the same time as the wheel alignment, or is it just that the tracking still is not 100 percent. Thanks 

Hello Liam,

Many thanks for being in touch with the forum. 
If this were mine, I would be informing the wheel alignment people you are dealing with, that you are dissatisfied with their work, that you have given them an opportunity to correct that workmanship, and that you are still dissatisfied. As a result of this (and the fact that you now have an illuminated ESC light) that you will be getting the wheel alignment rechecked by another (trusted) garage, and if it shows that it is still not right, that you will be returning to them to claim your money back, together with any outlay in respect to the ESC light. 
These machines are very accurate, but complex. Unfortunately, their complexity very often challenges the skills/training of the person operating it! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi, thanks for the reply.

These are my thoughts exactly, I have spent hours reading up about these sensors and my conclusion is that they need resetting after wheel alignment, the car had work done to it, it was being driven for a couple of weeks with no problems, I take it there have 4 wheels put on, 4WA done and then the light comes on and the tracking is out, I return, they re do it, admit it was done to the wrong spec, it was slightly better but still pulls to the right, and the light comes on, just not so quickly as before, in all, I was there 4 and half hours, and now need to return on monday to speak to them. I will post my outcome during the week. Thanks.

• Like 1