On 3/8/2021 at 4:12 PM, michael wardman said:

it takes several attempts with the key fob to start the car 2014 A4 Avant

mike  

not sure if i have the knack

On 3/8/2021 at 4:12 PM, michael wardman said:

it takes several attempts with the key fob to start the car 2014 A4 Avant

mike  

9 minutes ago, Trevor said:

In what way?  unlocking or reading the immobiliser chip ?

thank you for your response

i put the fob in the ignition press it twice with foot on clutch and i have to repeat it several times, taking the fob out each time ,fortunately if i stall it at the lights press the clutch it starts  

It could be that you are not pressing the clutch in far enough, got caught out on a Toyota recently and I had to press it incredibly hard to the floor for it to recognise the clutch was depress which made me think it is an adjustment required for the pedal switch

Hello Michael, 

I think Trevor raises an interesting possibility, and if this were mine, I would be giving the behind-and-above clutch pedal area a good squirting of contact cleaner to ensure the contacts on the switching arrangements are as good as they can be. Such areas get more than their share of dust and debris. Always worth a try! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

1 hour ago, Trevor said:

It could be that you are not pressing the clutch in far enough, got caught out on a Toyota recently and I had to press it incredibly hard to the floor for it to recognise the clutch was depress which made me think it is an adjustment required for the pedal switch

48 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Michael, 

I think Trevor raises an interesting possibility, and if this were mine, I would be giving the behind-and-above clutch pedal area a good squirting of contact cleaner to ensure the contacts on the switching arrangements are as good as they can be. Such areas get more than their share of dust and debris. Always worth a try! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks guys yep if i put the pedal to the floor first then insert fob starts first time one adjustment i had to make tho move my seat a notch further forward                 kind regards                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Michael                                  

• Like 2