Fuel Economy

Col81

I travel 22k per annum a mix of motorway and town. I have a Audi A6 2.0 tdi multitronic s line with 125k on the clock. I am getting a average 37 mpg. It has been suggested I get it revamped for better economy is this worth it?

Hello Colin,

Thanks for being in touch. 
The economics should be fairly easy for you to work out. You will need an estimate of the increased mpg from those who you propose to use to remap the car. You then work out how much less fuel you are going to use over your 22K annual mileage, and compare this with the re-mapping costs, to work out how long it’s going to take you to simply get your money back. Whether the whole thing becomes an economic consideration will of course, also depend on how long you intend to keep the car. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi, I am more concerned with does it have the desired effect it says 10mpg more and 40bhp increase I find it hard to believe how can it be faster yet use less fuel? Thank you

Thanks Colin, so could you let the forum know more details about the specific re- map you are considering, to see if other members have any experience of that. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.