Audi B9 2016 rear damage

Rommy

Hello, 

I have come across an Audi A4 which I am muling to buy. The car was involved in an accident. But it is not recorded and it has been repaired now by an independent. 

Its priced decently. But I am not sure if its worth a risk to buy it to save £1k. 

Based on the damage pictures below what could be potential problems with the car to look out for? 

IMG_20210312_134136.jpg

IMG_20210312_134107.jpg

Hello Tom,

I think the primary important bit here is your statement ‘.....worth the risk to buy to save £1k’. An important piece of information in one respect, but of little meaning in terms of the potential saving over the capital outlay. Without checking out prices, it’s difficult to answer your ‘economics’ question, but I would guess that you are going to find variances of that amount simply from example to example. 
If the car suits your requirements and budget, then why not get this car inspected at another independent, and satisfy yourself that the mechanical aspects are as they would expect them to be. They should also be able to give you a better feel for the actual value of the car. 
Let’s say everything adds up there, then my next move, before committing, would be to see if you can get a local bodyshop to access the quality of the repair. 
As a simple starter, have a look at the rear driver side door gap to the rear wing - and compare it with the other side. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth.