Dechroming

WISBEY02

Evening all, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to get some advice on dechroming my 2017 A4 Avant. 

I've had 3 quotes, 2 priced at £380 and another at £450. As I've never looked into this work before, I'm unsure if these are reasonable quotes. 

I was wondering if anyone on here has had it done and what they paid for it?

I'm from Stoke-on-Trent but willing to travel around the midlands if it's a much better price.

Thanks in advance 

Hello Adam,

I seem to recall you posted on this earlier in the week, and it was suggested you DIY it. A reasonable suggestion if you are capable and know what you are doing, but obviously can lead to problems if you are not competent with such things. 
Unfortunately, I cannot help you with recommendations in your area, but the quotes would not seem to be unreasonable to me for the amount of fiddly work involved. If it boils down to simple economics then it might be worth reconsidering whether you really want to go ahead with this, since the 3 quotes are reasonably consistent, and it might simply be a case of deciding which of the three instils you with the greatest confidence. 
A couple of points which might help:- Ask for bodyshop recommendations at local car sales sites (when open). These chaps are usually knowledgeable about who to use or not to use. Also, regional classic car clubs can again be knowledgeable on this subject. 
One further point I would add Adam. The de-chroming might suit your taste, but possibly not everyone’s. Might be worth bearing this in mind, since the economics of possible de-valuation plus the cost of getting it done, might be worth a coat of thinking about. 
I would say that this process would not be reversible. It won’t simply be a case of removing the paint! 
If all these downsides are of no consequence, then great. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.